Azerbaijan Museum is Iran’s second rich museum after national museum. This three-floor museum with a vast porch and a mansion was erected in 2400 square meters area in 1957, based on a plan designed by a French archeologist named Andre’ Godard.
El Guli is one of the most beautiful parks of Iran, located in southeast of Tabriz. Neither construction date nor founder is certain, but some evidences attributable to Safavid and Aquyunlu eras have been found there.
Ulu Mosque Located on the Cumhuriyet Caddesi in the city. From this point of view, it is very convenient for transportation. Anatolian Seljuk Period belongs to all the features of the grand mosque. The mosque stands out with its rectangular plan.
The castle is on the ancient Silk Road of Horasan - Pasinler - Erzurum which is 79 kilometers away from Erzurum Province. The first construction date of the Erzurum Castle is not certain but it is assumed that this castle was built in the first period of 5th century A.D by Byzantines.
Palandoken mountain has an altitude of 3185 m, and is south of Erzurum. This was the area of the first extensive study in the country looking at a master plan for tourism potential, which concluded that the area has the necessary potential and qualities to be a major international resort.
Fin Garden is located on the western end of Kashan city. Fin Garden (Bagh-e fin) is the oldest existing Persian Garden in Iran. Built in 1590 by the order of the Safavid king, Shah Abbas I, the garden was expanded in early Qajar era (late 18th century). It counts as one of the most important Kashan tourist attractions.
Fin garden is a UNESCO world heritage site since 2011, along with 8 other Persian Gardens in Iran.
Fin Garden architecture is a perfect sample of Iranian Gardens and a mixture of architectural features from Safavid era, Zandiyeh and Qajar periods. There was symmetry applying on the garden plan, but later the addition of the buildings by the kings led to its plan’s symmetry decrease.
Tabatabaei House is a historic traditional house in the city of Kashan. Built in 1835, the house belonged to the affluent Tabatabaei family. The house measures 5,000 sqm and includes 40 rooms. Tabatabaei Historical House is the quintessential example of Iranian climate-adaptive vernacular architecture.
Tabatabaei House in Kashan is also known as “the bride” among all other traditional Houses. The reason behind this naming is the fact that the delicate beauty visible to the visitors of the mansion is one of a merit kind!
Tabatabaei Historical House is one of the well-preserved original Persian mansions of Iran. You will be astonished with the details of the Tabatabaei House architecture. Tabatabaei House in Kashan along with a couple of other mansions are the most visited Kashan attractions. Tabataba’iha House is occasionally used in the production of films portraying the old Iran.
Agha Bozorg Mosque is a historic mosque in Kashan city. Constructed in the late 18th century (Qajar era). Aqa Bozorg Mosque and theological school were dedicated to Molla Mahdi Naraghi II (titled Agha Bozorg or the great lord), a prominent clergy of the time, to perform praying, preaching and teaching. The mosque counts as one of the unique Kashan attractions.
Agha Bozorg Mosque architecture makes the monument truly unique among Iranian mosques, for its vernacular architecture and adaptation to the desert climate with such finesse and aesthetic taste.
Aqa Bozorg Mosque Kashan is still a working mosque and open to both students and the public. One of the finest Islamic complexes and best of the mid-19th century.
Borujerdi House is a traditional historic house in Kashan city of Isfahan Province. It was built in 1857 by the same architect who built the exquisite house nearby (Tabatabaei House), for its affluent merchant owner, Seyed Mehdi Natanzi. Borujerdi House is a brilliant example of vernacular architecture of the desert region of Iran. The house counts as one of the top Kashan tourist attractions.
Owner of Boroujerdi House Kashan (Borujerdi House), Seyed Mehdi Natanzi a wealthy merchant of Natanz known as Boroujerdi, fell in love with Seyed Jafar Tabatabaei’s daughter (one of the greatest carpet merchants of the time). In order to give him his consent to marry his daughter, he asked Seyed Mehdi Natanzi to build a house similar to his own house!
And he did so! to satisfy the demand of his future bride’s family. After seven years the construction of Andaruni yard (interior yard) and after 11 years the main hall were completed!
Hagia Sophia is the one of the most visited museums and most prominent monuments in the world in terms of art and the history of architecture. It has also been called “the eighth wonder of the world” by East Roman Philon as far back as the 6th century.
Abyaneh village is situated on the slopes of Karkass Mountain in Natanz County of Isfahan Province. With a population of 301 (2016 census), the history of Abyaneh village dates back to 1500 years ago, making it one of the top attractions of Isfahan, and one of the unique villages of Iran, for its peculiar reddish hue.
Most famed for its peculiar red hue and nature-adapted layout, Abyaneh village attracts thousands of Iranian and foreign tourists year-round. However, there is more to Abyaneh red village than meets the eye, which is why it was listed as one of Iran’s national heritage sites in 1975.
According to a 2016 census, the population of Abyaneh village was 301. People mostly subsist on agriculture (including orchards) and raising cattle; While rug weaving workshops and making traditional Giveh shoes are a source of income for the villagers too. Needless to say that tourism is an ever-growing industry for Abyaneh historical village.
The Greek castle, which is in the Kasaba village of Yavuzeli province of city of Gaziantep, is at the intersection point of Fırat River and Merzimen stream. It is thought that it is constructed in 840 B. C. during late Hittite period.
Menar Jonban (meaning: Shaking Minarets) is a historic monument in Isfahan city. While the monument dates back to 14th century as a shrine for a Sufi hermit, the shaking minarets are believed to have been built in the Safavid Era (1501-17036).
An anti-earthquake monument is considered as one historical, architectural and scientific site in Iran and is one of the famous sites of the world, and of the top Isfahan tourist attractions.
The reason to name this monument Menar Jonban (Shaking Minarets) is that in spite of the building’s firmness, it shakes in its place. The minarets were shaking every hour for the past few hundred years and are still standing. The major distinguishing feature of the monument is that whenever one minaret is shaking, the other also shakes, along with the whole building and Menar Jonban Isfahan, gets its uniqueness from this feature.
Situated in the center of the city of Isfahan, the Juma Mosque is the most significant Seljuk monument in the city. Isfahan became the capital of the Seljuks, who came to Iran in the 11 th century. Adopting Sunni Islam, the Seljuks considered it an honour to repair the mosque, which was built by the Abbasid caliph. After the conquest of the city by Tughrul Beg, the Seljuks began an intense construction activity, and the Isfahan Masjidi Juma is the leading example of these efforts. The Seljuks did not conceive of the Masjidi Juma as an independent structure, but rather as an integral part of the urban plan. The Seljuks thus initiated the concept of the urban square, which would be further developed during the Safavid period. information from sources of the period relate the initial state of the building. Yakut Halevi states that when Tughril Beg conquered the city in 1051, the citizens of Isfahan forced him to destroy the building because of their need for wood Nasır; Husrev, who saw the mosque in 1052, describes its magnificent appearance. According to these sources, ft can be determined that the mosque was built in the Arabic or Kufa-type hypostyle mosque plan, as there were numerous wood bearing supports in place prior to the Seljuk period.
Before Isfahan was selected as Capital by the Safavid dynasty, a square called Naqsh-e Jahan (Image of the world) existed in the vicinity of Imam square. During the reign of Shah Abbas the Great, this square was enlarged to almost its present dimensions and the most famous historic buildings of Isfahan were constructed around this square. This square has an area of more than 85 thousand square. During the reign of Shah Abbas I and his successors, this square was an area where festivities, polo, dramatics and military parades took place. Two stone gates of the polo are embedded in the north and south of this square. The length of this great square is 500 meters from north to south and its width about 150 meters from east to west. Most of the foreign tourists believe that Imam square is one of the greatest squares in the world. Naqsh-e Jahan Square has witnessed many historical memories of Iran during the past four centuries. Memories of the life of Shah Abbas the Great and his successors until the end of the Safavid era is associated with this great historical square.
This mosque is another masterpiece of architecture and tilework of the 16th century which was constructed by a decree issued by Shah Abbas I and took a period of 18 years to be completed. The architect and mason of this structure was Ostad Mohammad Reza Isfahani. Inside tile work decorations of the plinth to the top are covered with mosaic tiles. In terms of the architectural grandeur of the mosque, foreign archaeologists believe: “It can hardly be considered a product of human hands.” Sheikh Lotfollah was one of the great pious in the Shia sect, in what is known as Lebanon today. At the invitation of Shah Abbas I, he came to reside in Isfahan. This place was constructed in honour of this great man who led the prayers and preached in this mosque.
The construction of this mosque situated at the south side of Imam Square (Naqsh-e Jahan) started in 1020 A.H under the order of Shah Abbas I during the twenty-fourth year of his reign, and the decorations and extensions of the building were completed during the rule of his successors. The chief architect and the supervisor of the building were Ostad Ali Akbar Isfahani and Moheb Ali Beik. This mosque is a masterpiece of the 16th century from the viewpoint of architecture, tile work and stone carving. One of the interesting features of this mosque is the echo of sound in the center of the gigantic dome in the southern section. The height of this dome is 52 m and the minarets therein 48m; whereas the minarets at its portal in the Naqsh-e-Jahan Square reach an elevation of 42 m. The huge one-piece marble and other slabs of stone, besides the intricate tile work and adornments, prove extremely spectacular views of this mosque.
Si-o-Se Pol Bridge (or Allahverdi Khan bridge) is the largest bridge among the 11 bridges in Isfahan city, which cross the river of Zayanderud, an of Isfahan tourist attractions. The bridge was built in early 17th century by the order of Safavid king, Shah Abbas I, to serve as a bridge and also a dam. The popular name Si o se Pol (lit. 33 bridge) comes from the structure of the bridge comprising of 2 superimposed rows of 33 arches.
The first thing that comes to mind about Isfahan city is probably the Si o se Pol bridge. All people in Iran know si-o-se pol bridge in Isfahan as its symbol (bridge of 33 arches Iran in English). Si-o-se Pol Isfahan Iran like other must-see places has a history behind it.
It is the oldest mosque of Gaziantep, and constructed by Boyacı Yusuf and Kadı kemalettin in 1357. Mosque, which belongs to Turkish Memluks, is very rich in connection with marble and tile adornments. Wooden balcony, which is the oldest sample of wooden craft of Gaziantep, has twelve branched stars, which are adorned with pelmet, rosette and geometric motifs.
It’s a beautiful area and is a place for exploring rare speciments both flora and fauna. A place for eco tourism, summer camping, mountain horse-riding, and some extremal activities – like mountain climbing.
An aquapark in the Kurortnii Gorodok of Adler. Barely glancing at “Amfibius” you will see a “city in a city”. I mean, there so many things to do at so big area – more than two hectares of land, it simply defies the imagination with its size. And, once inside, you realize that the organizers bothered that you get the whole range of services for the best, carefree holiday. The complex is surprising not only for its big area, but also for the variety of entertainment options available. It’s true to say that even the most sophisticated visitors can find here a pleasant pastime.
Aquapark has 16 rides. Most of them will be interesting for both children and adults. First you will meet three fast tracks with spectacular name “Kamikadze”, each 15 meters high. Ride on them thrills even fans of speed. Then head toward the bright red “Laguna”, repeat some sharp turns, and then proceed to – to the quirky “Giant”, which gives a lot of vivid impressions. There is also a unique slide “Taboga” – a kind of water slalom. The main thing on it – resist falling. Finally, fans of extreme relaxation can try «Blue Hall». This blue tube of enormous size, spun on such a scale that sustain its sharp turns and bends can be tested by the bravest. At the end, the pipe will make you fly a distance longer than 100 meters.
All these water attractions are located in one of the pool. Visitors on holidays in this part of the park, not only provided a riot of colors, but also a lot of pleasant sensations, fun, sun, and, of course, the warm water. Needless to say, once visited the water park “Amfibius”, you certainly will want to come back here again.
One of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, Aleppo preserves remnants of more than four millennia of Near Eastern history. The Citadel of Aleppo is a densely layered microcosm of this long and complex history.
One of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, Aleppo preserves remnants of more than four millennia of Near Eastern history. The Citadel of Aleppo is a densely layered microcosm of this long and complex history. The majority of the structures on the citadel were erected by the Ayyubids in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, but substantial structures are also preserved from the Ottoman period (beginning in the sixteenth century). The citadel was built on a natural limestone outcropping rising some 100 feet (30 meters) above the level of the surrounding plain. Its high walls, imposing entry bridge, and great gateway remain largely intact and dominate the skyline of the city. Within its walls, the fabric of the citadel’s inner spaces has been compromised by a succession of invasions, earthquakes, and natural decay caused by exposure to the elements. Recent excavations uncovered substantial remains of an important Bronze Age neo-Hittite temple, in use for the most part of the third and second millennia B.C. The temple is decorated with an elaborate system of reliefs that depict deities and fantastic creatures and that are an important addition to the record of this early period in Syria’s history.
The Great Mosque of Aleppo is situated in the center of the city. The construction of the building dates ta the Omayyad period. The building has, however, undergone numerous repairs and changes before taking its present form.
it was built approximately 1 O years after the Damascus Omayyad Mosque, and as such, is one of the first buildings of the early period of Islamic architecture. The mosque is situated in a commercial district, with bazaars and several madrasas nearby.
Several buildings belonging ta the pre-Islamic period, including a Roman temple and a Byzantine church, were located near the mosque, and their remains can be seen today.
The mosque has been altered by many repairs and renovations. In 715, the Omayyad Caliph Sulayman ibn Abd al-Malik commissioned the construction of a Friday Mosque on the site of a cathedral. Aleppo and its surroundings were attacked by the Byzantine Emperor Nikephoros il in 926. The building, damaged as a result of this attack, was repaired by Seyfuddevle al-Hamadani in 965. lıWıen the Great Seljuks ruled the region, the Sultan Malik Shah commissioned an important restoration campaign, and also added the minaret to the mosque. Repair and renovation activities were carried out in 1090 during the reign of his brother Tutus. One of the oldest parts of the building is the minaret. The minaret, with a square body, is remarkable tor its Kufic inscription bands, stylized plant and Rumi decorations, and stalactites.
The Great Ummayyad Mosque remains one of the great symbols of the glorious period of Muslim civilisation and its pride. It is a master piece of architectural ingenuity having a decisive influence on the maturity of mosque architecture all over the Muslim World.
The earliest collection of art and archaeological artefacts for the National Museum of Aleppo dates back to 1928 and the museum was formally inaugurated in1931. Initially, it was devoted to the pre-Greco-Roman era, with works no later than 333 BC, most of which were based on finds from Tell Halaf. It was decided to move the collection from its original location in an Ottoman period building, which had become overcrowded, into a modern purpose-built museum, begun in 1967 and formally opened in 1972. It includes the following wings:
Pre-historic art: dedicated to finds such as bones and pottery from the regions of Syria and the Euphrates Valley. Some items are about a million years old and the most recent piece dates to no later than 3,200 BC, after which writing was developed and art, became historic.
Arab Islamic art: The method of display here is based on the item's function and medium, such as pottery, ceramics, metalwork and glass of the various Islamic dynasties as well as a collection of gold and silver coins of the Umayyad, Abbasid, Ayyubid and Mamluk periods. A stone cenotaph carved in floriated kufic calligraphy is a masterpiece of this hall. Medieval military equipment and an Ottoman wooden ceiling featured in a side chamber are also presented.
Modern art: paintings by Syrian artists, particularly Aleppines, expressed in various styles such as realism, cubism, expressionism.
It is estimated that the building, which was considered as the largest closed market after Istanbul in the Ottoman period, was built in the 15th century. The only inscription in the building, which contains many bazaars with different names, is located in the bazaar built by Hacı Efendi in 1844. The bazaar, almost all of which was burnt as a result of the fire in 1870, was rebuilt with stone materials with the efforts of Osman Pasha of Maraş. The building is referred to as the "magnificent masonry market" that covers more than two thousand shops and shops in the 1907 Ankara Yearbook.
The Grand Bazaar still houses shops where local food and handicrafts are sold.
It is known that Zeynel Abidin, one of the prominent of the Rufai Sect, built a lodge, mosque and fountain in the environment where the tomb is today. Known as Imam Sultan in Kayseri, Zeynel Abidin died in Kayseri in 1414 and a modest mausoleum was built on the grave at the present place. II. In the time of Abdulhamit, in 1886, the existing tomb was built in the place where Zeynel Abidin's grave was located. The tomb is a square planned structure and is covered with a dome. There are two lines of couplets on all the windows of the building with three windows on each side. There is a sarcophagus of Zeynel Abidin in the middle of the tomb. In the building inscription on the entrance door of the building, it is engraved on an oval medallion.
Clock tower II. It was built in 1906 by Tavlusunlu Salih Usta with the order of Abdülhamit and the support of Kayseri Governor Haydar Bey. The rectangular space next to it was built as a clock room. The 15-meter high tower can be reached by spiral stairs. During the National Struggle period, Anadolu and Rumeli Müdafaa-i Hukuk Cemlığı were used as Kayseri Branch. There is a rectangular opening in the pointed pyramidal cone section covering the tower and a clock bell inside it.
Constructed of cut stone, the structure is divided into three sections with transversely arranged mouldings. There are circular openings arranged for the clock on each side of the upper section.