active-pinPinned places
active-place

Baths

Countries:

country-iconAustralia
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Bronte's Baths
The Bronte Baths story begins in 1883 when Waverley Council set aside 150 pounds to build sea baths at Bronte. Before the Baths there was an existing swimming spot in this location, known as "the bogey hole at South Nelson Bay". Construction of the Baths commenced in 1887 under the supervision of A. Williams, anengineer with the NSW Department of Public Works, Harbours and Rivers Branch. At the same time Williams was supervising the building of the Bondi Baths.