At the centre of New Delhi stands the 42 m high India Gate, an "Arc-de-Triomphe" like archway in the middle of a crossroad. Almost similar to its French counterpart, it commemorates the 70,000 Indian soldiers who lost their lives fighting for the British Army during the World War I. The memorial bears the names of more than 13,516 British and Indian soldiers killed in the Northwestern Frontier in the Afghan war of 1919.
The foundation stone of India Gate was laid by His Royal Highness, the Duke of Connaught in 1921 and it was designed by Edwin Lutyens. The monument was dedicated to the nation 10 years later by the then Viceroy, Lord Irwin. Another memorial, Amar Jawan Jyoti was added much later, after India got its independence. The eternal flame burns day and night under the arch to remind the nation of soldiers who laid down their lives in the Indo-Pakistan War of December 1971.
During nightfall, India Gate is dramatically floodlit while the fountains nearby make a lovely display with coloured lights. India Gate stands at one end of Rajpath, and the area surrounding it is generally referred to as 'India Gate'.
Surrounding the imposing structure is a large expanse of lush green lawns, which is a popular picnic spot. One can see hoards of people moving about the brightly lit area and on the lawns on summer evenings.
It is a beautiful park in the heart of the city on the Mall Road. In the centre of the park is a building known as Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial. After the first World War there was an Orthopedic Rehabilitation Hospital in this building. It is now known as Ganesh Udyan.
A beautiful and open place to enjoy the culture of Almaty: The Republic Square in Almaty is the home to the Akimat House, the Monument of Independence, The Presidential Residence, The Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The Central State Museum of the Republic of Kazakhstan is right nearby.
Panfilovets’ Park is located in central-east Almaty in the area surrounding Zenkov Cathedral. The park is dedicated and named after the Panfilov Heroes. The memorial in the park is in memory of the 28 soldiers of an Almaty infantry unit who died fighting the Nazis outside Moscow. Ivan Panfilov was the name of the General commanding the 316 division who, in spite of suffering heavy casualties, managed to significantly delay the enemy’s advance on the capital, buying time for the defenders of the city.
An eternal flame commemorating the fallen of 1917-20 (the Civil War) and 1941-45 (WWII), burns in front of the giant black monument of soldiers from all 15 Soviet republics.
The Park itself is a very popular local green area within the city of Almaty. A good place to sit, rest and contemplate the sights of the city.
Drive down Khaleej Al Arabi Street and you will see a modern-day challenger to the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Capital Gate, developed by Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company, has been certified as the ‘World’s Furthest Leaning Man Made Tower,’ by the Guinness World Records.
It leans 18 degrees westwards - more than four times that of Pisa’s famous Leaning Tower. The 160 metre (524.9 ft), 35 storey tower is a postcard image of Abu Dhabi and makes a great holiday snap.
Shah Cheragh Shiraz (in Persian: King of Light) is one of the most popular funerary monuments in Iran. It is home to tombs of Ahmad and Mohammad, two brothers of Ali ar-Ridha – 8th Imam of Shia Muslims. Circa 900 A.D, the two brothers aiming to join Ali ar-Ridha, who at the time resided in Khorasan of Iran (in eastern Iran) as the appointed successor to Abbasid caliph, took refugee in Shiraz but were persecuted by the Abbasids.
The tombs remained unknown until early 12th century A.D. Different accounts or myths exist around the discovery of the tombs; All of which revolve around noticing a luminous light in the distance, where later the gravesites were discovered. And this is basically the reason behind the appellation: ‘’King of Light’’ or Shah Cheragh Mausoleum.
Menar Jonban (meaning: Shaking Minarets) is a historic monument in Isfahan city. While the monument dates back to 14th century as a shrine for a Sufi hermit, the shaking minarets are believed to have been built in the Safavid Era (1501-17036).
An anti-earthquake monument is considered as one historical, architectural and scientific site in Iran and is one of the famous sites of the world, and of the top Isfahan tourist attractions.
The reason to name this monument Menar Jonban (Shaking Minarets) is that in spite of the building’s firmness, it shakes in its place. The minarets were shaking every hour for the past few hundred years and are still standing. The major distinguishing feature of the monument is that whenever one minaret is shaking, the other also shakes, along with the whole building and Menar Jonban Isfahan, gets its uniqueness from this feature.
Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum in Ba Dinh Square is one of the most visited attractions in Hanoi. It is the final resting place of Ho Chi Minh, the most iconic and popular leader of Vietnam, known to his people as ‘Uncle Ho’. His body is preserved here in a glass case at the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum in central Hanoi (albeit against his wishes).
For visitors, a trip to Uncle Ho’s final resting place can be an extraordinary experience as it is not just an average attraction; it’s a part of a unique history.
Started in 1973, the construction of the mausoleum was modelled on Lenin's mausoleum in Russia and was first open to the public in 1975. The granite building meant a great deal for many locals as it ensures that their beloved leader ‘lives on forever’.
Security is tight and visitors should dress with respect (no shorts, sleeveless shirts and miniskirts) and everyone has to deposit their bags and cameras before getting in. Visitors are not allowed to stop and hold the constant queue up as the place is constantly busy. Uncle Ho’s remains are sent yearly to Russia for maintenance therefore the mausoleum is closed usually from October onwards. It’s best to recheck with your hotel tour desk before visiting. Admission is free but donations are accepted.
Big Buddha Phuket is a 45-meter-tall white marble statue visible from anywhere in the southern part of Phuket. It is probably at the top of everyone’s ‘Must-Do in Phuket‘, and for a good reason. The views from up there are breathtaking. The statue is built with people’s donation and is still under construction. If you feel like doing something to help to finish the broad base of the Buddha, you can sponsor a piece of white marble for 300 to 1,000 baht depending on the size.
Phuket Big Buddha started in 2002 as the foundation stone was laid by General Phijit Kulawanich, Privy Councilor on May 22, 2002. The official name is ‘Phraphutthamingmongkhol-akenagakhiri Buddha’ that translates as “Happiness on top of Nakerd mountain”
The tenth century temple of Banteay Srei is renowned for its intricate decoration carved in pinkish sandstone that covers the walls like tapestry.
Banteay Srei is an exquisite miniature; a fairy palace in the heart of an immense and mysterious forest; the very thing that Grimm delighted to imagine, and that every child's heart has yearned after, but which mature years has sadly proved too lovely to be true. And here it is, in the Cambodian forest at Banteay Srei, carved not out of the stuff that dreams are made of, but of solid sandstone.
The Hien Luong Bridge - a bridge across the Ben Hai river, which was part of the border between North and South Vietnam from 1954 until the reunification in 1976. Today, the bridge is still there and seen as an important national monument to the reunification of Vietnam. Near the bridge is also a museum, propaganda war remnants and two memorials.
The old narrow bridge itself is a simple steel structure built by the French. The bridge is now just a pedestrian bridge. A modern bridge, which is next, takes all the traffic across the river on its behalf. You can walk across the old bridge over the entire length (165 meters).
The old bridge was during the war with the Americans, part of the DMZ. The acronym DMZ stands for Demilitarized zone (literally a demilitarized area). It is a buffer zone between two countries where tensions exist. In this case, it was the North and South Vietnam.
This tall landmark in front of the city offers the best views of Ulaanbaatar and the surrounding nature. The large monuments on the top of the hill were erected for the memory of soldiers died in World War II.
Zaisan Hill is a perfect blend of modern architecture and tradition and history. Until recently, it was most well-known for the Zaisan Hill Monument atop the hill, a beautiful circular structure with a mural honoring allied Mongol and Soviet soldiers who fell during World War II. Now the hill is also home to a sprawling modern complex with plenty of amenities for tourists and residents alike.
This is the main square in the heart of Ulaanbaatar. A large statue of Sukhbaatar, the famous patriot characterizes the square, and the square is named after this historic figure. Such important buildings as the Parliament House, Stock Exchange, the Drama Theater and Cultural Palace are located surrounding the square.
Sukhbaatar square was formed in the early part of the XIX century by the name of the Great Universe. The northern edge of the Great Pleasure was the Yellow Castle (south of the existing Child Center Center), the southern edge of the Choijin Lama Temple, the left and right sides of the monastery, and the lords.
The design of the monument D. Sukhbaatar's statue was created by sculptor Ch. Boghola. The draft of the statue, depicted on the cliffs of the jujube, is on February 23, 1946, by the Council of Ministers and the Central Committee of the MPRP 13/3. According to the decree, the statue was built shortly in the centre of the Indians and opened on the 8th of July 1946 on the 25th anniversary of the People's Revolution. Since then, Indra Square was renamed Sukhbaatar square.
The four-meter tall statue of granite, made of granite, was set at a height of 12 meters above the base of a sunny, high-rise staircase. On the sides of the concrete roof, the revolutionary event is emblazoned on the left side: "Our country unites unity and unites a single force, united where there is no place to go, and no one can know and can not find pleasure in pleasure. we have the courage to know our hearts. " The 14 statues of white lions connected to the outside of the statue were symbolically placed on the exterior of the statue of the 14 white lions.
Visitors can go inside the statue, and from the inside of the horse's head, they have a panoramic view of the surroundings and reconstituted Mongolian village. The site also has a museum that shows an exhibition about the Bronze Age and the archaeological culture of the Xiongnus in Mongolia. The visitor will discover usual utensils, belt buckles, knives, sacred animals, etc. The second exhibition covers the period of the 13th and 14th centuries, when the Mongolian Empire was at its height, with tools, goldsmith subjects, crosses, and rosaries.
Son Tra (Monkey) Mountain is a breath-taking national park in Da Nang that stands 693 metres above sea level. It’s a 35-minute drive from Da Nang, making it a popular retreat amongst locals and travellers looking to escape the heat and busy traffic of the city. Locally known as the Son Tra Peninsula, the verdant mountain is also surrounded by pristine beaches such as Bai Bac, Bai Nam, Bai But, and Tien Sa Beach.
Monkey Mountain was a prominent observation base during the American-Vietnam War, housing two radar domes that are now taken over by the Vietnamese military as well as a helicopter pad, which makes for a cool lookout point.
A prominent attraction in Da Nang is Linh Ung Pagoda, which is also set on Son Tra (Monkey) Mountain. The stunning pagoda was built during the 18th century and houses a 67 metre-tall white statue of the Goddess of Mercy, which is set atop a lotus-shaped platform. Hailed is the tallest statue of the deity in Southeast Asia, there are 17 levels within the structure and a total of 21 miniature Buddha sculptures. Entrance to Linh Ung Pagoda is free of charge, though it’s known to get crowded with pilgrimages during special occasions.
The famous clock on Bauman street do not just show the time - it's a true piece of art made of bronze, created by the famous Kazan architect Igor Bashmakov. Immediately after installation, it became a popular meeting place for couples, and has been lovingly nicknamed the "lovers’ watch". Beloved by all, be sure to take a photo next to it during your visit. The top of the composition features figures of a boy, a pegasus and a goddess. A little lower – the clock dials, face different directions. The name of the numbers in the Tatar language on the dial is translated into Arabic. At the ends of the hour hands, the sun and the crescent moon are depicted, and poetic lines in Arabic are displayed along the dial's circumference.
The Kazan Cat regularly appears on lists of the most interesting and unusual monuments of Russia. Its place is in the centre of Kazan, on the pedestrian Bauman street. It is a sculptural and architectural composition three metres high in the form of a well-fed cat lying on a couch with a mouse, under a tent roof.
The history of the Kazan Cat begins with the reign of Empress Elizabeth Petrovna. Based on historical legends, it is widely known that the Russian Empress learned that there are no mice in Kazan. The fact is that in those days, the cats of Kazan were excellent mice hunters of a special breed - strong, active, with a large head, a muscular neck and a short tail. By the highest order made on October 13, 1745, 30 Kazan cats were transported to St Petersburg to catch mice that had proliferated in the unfinished Winter Palace (also known as modern-day "Hermitage" Museum). Given their bestowed new role, the cats did their job, having saved the palace from harmful rodents.
Standing 44-metres tall, the old Clock Tower was erected in 1915 as part of the Kowloon–Canton Railway terminus. The once-bustling station is long gone, but this red brick and granite tower, now preserved as a Declared Monument, survives as an elegant reminder of the Age of Steam. It has also been a memorable landmark for the millions of Chinese immigrants who passed through the terminus to begin new lives not just in Hong Kong, but in other parts of the world via the city’s harbour.
It is known that Zeynel Abidin, one of the prominent of the Rufai Sect, built a lodge, mosque and fountain in the environment where the tomb is today. Known as Imam Sultan in Kayseri, Zeynel Abidin died in Kayseri in 1414 and a modest mausoleum was built on the grave at the present place. II. In the time of Abdulhamit, in 1886, the existing tomb was built in the place where Zeynel Abidin's grave was located. The tomb is a square planned structure and is covered with a dome. There are two lines of couplets on all the windows of the building with three windows on each side. There is a sarcophagus of Zeynel Abidin in the middle of the tomb. In the building inscription on the entrance door of the building, it is engraved on an oval medallion.
Before building of Anitkabir, Anittepe’s (Monument Hill ) name was Rasattepe (Observation Hill) because there was an observatory on this hill.
There were also tumultuous (graves) belonging to Phrygian civilization of 3rd Century BC on this hill. Archaeological excavations took place to remove these tombs after the decision was given to build Anitkabir on Rasattepe. Remains found on these excavations are on display in the museum of Anatolian Civilizations.
The first stage to start the construction was the expropriation of the land after deciding on the Anitkabir project. Actual construction of Anitkabir commenced on 9 October 1944 with a splendid ceremony by laying the first stone of the foundation. Construction of Anitkabir took nine years in four stages. Second stage construction, comprising the mausoleum and the auxiliary buildings surrounding the ceremonial ground, started on 29 September 1945 and completed on 8 August 1950.
The third stage was comprising the construction of the roads leading to the mausoleum, Lions’ alley, ceremonial ground, the mausoleum’s upper-level stone pavement, grand stairs, putting the big tomb stone in its place and installation of electricity, plumbing and heating systems.
The Ivanova Gora (literally: Ivan’s Mount) is virtually a sacral place for Poltava locals: it is city’s historical core, where the whole complex of architectural and historical attractions, each having a status of Poltava’s highlight, is situated. This place is notable for being an excellent observation area that opens wonderful views of the city downtown and its most token structures.
The Ivanova Gora is a high picturesque hill that towers above the Vorskla River. Historians believe that it is there that the citadel of the annalistic town Ltava, the predecessor of modern Poltava, stood in the 12th century. Later, the earthen fortress, which held back the Swedish troops’ assault for three months during the Northern War, was built on the hill. One of its fifteen wooden towers, the Podolskaya Tower, was recently restored and added to Ivanova Gora’s list of attractions.
Another Ivanova Gora’s token monument and modern Poltava’s symbol, the monument to Galushka, is installed near the White Belvedere. It is a deep plate with twelve Galushkas (dumplings) and a large spoon, which stands on a pedestal shaped as a wooden tabletop. The monument was opened on the birthday of the most famous native of Poltava region, the eminent writer Nikolai Gogol, who immortalized this cult Ukrainian dish in his works. Every summer, an original Holiday of Poltava’s Galushka takes place near the monument.
The Duatepe Monument was built by afforestation of Gazi Tepe, Türbe Tepe and Mangal Mountain on the last line of defence where Sakarya Square War, which is considered the turning point of the War of Independence, was held. Work started in Duatepe in October 1999 and 20 thousand trees were planted and the monument was completed and opened on 12 September 2000. Polatlı, Duatepe Monument consists of five parts: parking lot, connection road, walkway, ceremony area and monument. There is information written in brass letters of 81 martyrs in Duaepe on the walls of the monument. The creator of the monument and sculptures is the State Artist sculptor Metin Yurdanur.
The monument symbolically tells the story of the Anatolian people running to victory and civilization like an enthusiastic river under the leadership of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. The figure of Mustafa Kemal on his prancing horse expresses the pride and happiness he has become the leader of the Turkish Nation. The sculptures of Atatürk, İnönü and Marshal Fevzi Çakmak, which are in the background, describe the command unit and the statue of Halide Edip Adıvar describes the contribution of the Turkish woman to the War of Independence. The scene where Atatürk and his child watch the plain through binoculars expresses the Turkish nation, which is waiting for the victory to be won a little later and the next independence.
Landious Travel is a tour operator based in Egypt. The tourist company “Landious Travel” presents you with a long list of Services & Tours in Egypt. You can book transfers, Nile cruises, tours, and excursions in Egypt in this online shop. Such services are available in all the Egyptian cities e.g. Hurghada, Safaga, Sharm El-Sheikh, El-Quseir, Marsa Alam, Luxor and Cairo. Mainly, we make bookings on several touristic services e.g. excursions, trips, Egypt tours, Nile Cruises and transportation.
The Arch of Triumph in Bucharest was a modest monument, in the beginning, made of wood and built in 1878 after the Independence War to mark the victory parade on October 8 the same year. Two inscriptions were written in front of it: The defenders of Independence and Bucharest City. A statue representing The Victory was placed on the Arch. There were also written the names of the places were Romanians fought for freedom to remain on this symbol of triumph in the War of Independence against the Turkish Empire and of its domination which lasted for more than 300 years.
Made of pink marble from Ruschita and stone brought from 5 important Romanian quarries, the Arch of Triumph is 27 meters high and 25 meters wide and is considered a modern new Romanian architectural masterpiece. It is also one of the symbols and highlights of Bucharest.
Now, the Arch of Triumph is part of the tour the authorities thought might help foreign tourists and not only to discover the Romanian capital.
The main Sudirman-Thamrin avenues in Jakarta lead to the Merdeka Square, where in its center stands the National Monument (also known as Monas or Monumen Nasional) which houses the first red-and-white flag flown at the Proclamation of Independence on 17 August 1945. This flag has now become threadbare, and so nowadays on Independence Day ceremonies, the original flag is taken out but only to accompany the replica flag to be flown in front of the Merdeka Palace. The 137 meter tall National Monument is obelisk shaped, and is topped with a 14.5 meter bronze flame coated with 32 kilograms gold leaf.
Within the pedestal is a museum depicting in diorama Indonesia’s fight for Independence as well as the original text of the Proclamation of Independence. A lift takes visitors up to the look-out platform at the base of the flame for a grand view of Jakarta. Surrounding the Monument is now a park with a musical fountain, enjoyed by the Jakarta public on Sundays for sports and recreation. Deer roam among the shady trees in the park.
The monument dedicated to the 100th birthday of Paul Keres, an Estonian chess player and international grandmaster, is located on a square between Puškin Street and Peeter Square.
The authors of the monument are well-known Estonian sculptors Aivar Simson and Paul Mänd. Their idea was to make it possible for people to sit opposite to Keres behind the chessboard and think about the next move.
The monument depicts the game between Keres and Walter Browne in Vancouver in 1975. The monument mistakenly shows Keres playing with white pieces.
The sculpture is made of bronze.
Excavations carried out during the previous century, north of the modern town of Sparta, brought to light an impressive construction. The edifice that dates back to the 5th century B.C. was made from large limestone. Waldstein, who carried out the excavations in 1892, initially thought it was a small temple. Although its use is not yet verified, it is believed to be the tomb of Leonidas. According to Pausanias, it was here that the remains of the legendary king of Sparta were transferred and buried after the battle in Thermopylae. The tomb of Leonidas is the only preserved monument of the Ancient Agora.
The tomb of Leonidas, north to the modern town of Sparta, is an emblem and an important monument, as it is the only monument preserved from the Ancient Agora. Also known and as Leonidaion, excavations of the construction were carried out by Waldstein in 1892. The impressive edifice (12.5 × 8.30 m) has the form of a temple probably dating back to the late 5th century B.C.. It was made of massive limestone and its interior was divided in two connected chambers. The eastern chamber was 3.15 meters long, had the form of a vestibule and was ornate with columns.
Until today, it is not known what the edifice was used for. It is believed to be a cenotaph, while many researchers share the opinion that it is the temple of Karneio Apollo. Although there is no indication on the correlation between the temple and the legendary king of Sparta, according to local tradition and the travel writer Pausanias, the remains of Leonidas were transferred and buried there. It is because of this, that the locals believe it to be the tomb of Leonidas. According to Pausanias the tomb was situated to the west of the Agora, opposite to the theater, and hosted games once a year.
Monument of the Revolutionary Deed is also known as the Revolutionary Memorial Walk and concerns, of course, battles waged in the Rzeszow region. This monument from the beginning aroused much controversy, and various associations. In the stylized laurel leaves some people saw a donkey ears, others had a more obscene connotations.
The general contractor was the work of Enterprise Works Road Krakow. Sculptures made in Krakow and they were installed on the monument at the end of 1973/74. In the spring of 1974 the monument was almost ready. In the absence of Wladyslaw Kruczek unveiling of the monument made in the company of George Gawrysiak deserving veterans, fighters, war veterans and accumulated large numbers of society. At the memorial held ceremonies like feta, fits, vows, etc. to give paraded before the grandstand on the May Day demonstrations.
The Millennium Cross (Macedonian: Милениумски крст, Latinic: Mileniumski krst) is a 66 metre-high cross situated on the top of the Vodno Mountain in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia. It was constructed to serve as a memorial of 2,000 years of Christianity in Macedonia and the world. The construction of the cross began in 2002 and was funded by the Macedonian Orthodox Church, the Macedonian government and donations from Macedonians from all over the world. The cross was built on the highest point of the Vodno mountain on a place known since the time of the Ottoman Empire as "Krstovar", meaning "Place of the cross", as there was a smaller cross situated there. On 8 September 2008, the independence day of the Republic of Macedonia, an elevator was installed inside the cross. In 2009, a restaurant and a souvenir shop were opened next to the cross. In 2011 the Millennium Cross ropeway was opened. The ropeway is three and a half km long. At night the cross shines down over the city.
The Cenad Palace (Palatul Cenad) is a three-story, 19th century, eclectic, neo-classical, architectural style palace located in the city of Arad, Romania. The palace was constructed with the sole purpose of functioning as the headquarters for Arad’s Railway Company. Funding for the palace was provided by the very wealthy and aristocratic Count Želenski Robert.
The Cenad Palace has an imposing presence in the Arad center. It is surrounded by many other eclectic and neo-classical style buildings which were Arad’s predominant architectural styles in the era of the late 19th century. The palace is considered and listed as one of Romania’s Historical Monuments.
The palace is shaped like an L and contains two spectacular towers on the front left and front right corners. There are four separate entrance gates which lead inside the building. The palace’s courtyard contains two dazzling 19th-century gas chandeliers which have been well preserved for many decades.
The Russalka Memorial was built in 1902 by Amandus Adamson in memorial to those who lost their lives at the Gulf of Finland on the Russian navy vessel called Russalka.
The 16-metre sculpture was placed by the sea where the promenade from Kadriorg Palace comes down to meet the Bay of Tallinn. The monument depicts a bronze angel on a granite pillar pointing an Orthodox cross in the assumed direction of the sunken ship.
Tammsaare Park is located in the centre of Tallinn, between the Estonia Theatre and Viru Keskus shopping centre. In 1896, one corner of the park became the new site of Tallinn’s market, which was formerly located on Town Hall Square. From 1903–1905, the park was home to a giant wooden ‘Interimstheater’ – a barn-type hall that was a venue for theatre performances and cinema screenings. When this building burnt down, space was landscaped and pathways were constructed.
In 1978, a statue of A. H. Tammsaare was erected in the centre of the park to mark the Estonian author’s 100th birthday.
Tammsaare Park has modern lighting, white park furniture, and thousands of flower bulbs.
The representative square of Tallinn – Freedom Square is a popular meeting place designed for pedestrians. The monument to the War of Independence is also located there.
Over the years, the square has gone by many names: Heinaturg (Hay Market), Peetri plats (Peter’s Square), and Võiduväljak (Victory Square) among them. It was first named Freedom Square in 1939, remaining that way until 1948. The name was readopted in 1989.
The defensive structures found at archaeological excavations have been preserved and stored in the parking lot under the square; the remains of the guard gates of the defence tower can be seen at the end of Harju Street through a glass screen.
The Senate Square and its surroundings form a unique and cohesive example of Neoclassical architecture. The square is dominated by four buildings designed by Carl Ludvig Engel (1778-1840): Helsinki Cathedral, the Government Palace, the main building of the University of Helsinki and the National Library of Finland. A statue of Alexander II (1894) stands in the middle of the Senate Square. Helsinki Cathedral is arguably Finland's most famous and photographed building. The oldest stone building in Helsinki is the Sederholm House located on the southeast corner of the square. Today the building hosts the Helsinki City Museum. The Esplanade park and the Market Square are just a block away. The Senate Square also hosts a sound installation called the Sound of the Senate Square. It is a modern version of the European glockenspiel and can be heard every day at 17:49 as it travels from one building to the next. The composition runs for 5 minutes 18 seconds and is composed by Harri Viitanen and Jyrki Alakuijala.