The location of Forró with Tourist is a separate attraction. The building where the Natal Tourism Center operates today enjoys one of the most privileged views of the urban beaches of Natal, the Potengi River, the Reis Magos Fortress and the Newton Navarro Bridge (Natal - Redinha). This is where we meet every Thursday for Forró com Turista.
Today, the Center is one of the best handicraft centers in Rio Grande do Norte, where each old cell is a small shop with the most diverse types of our crafts. It is currently administered by a publicly recognized association with the support and supervision of the State Secretariat of Tourism.
With over forty years of existence, the Natal Tourism Center has become one of the main attractions for visitors arriving in the city. The fact of adding a range of services and options in a historic building is undoubtedly a difference compared to other Christmas craft centers.
Those who come to the Tourism Center not only take, but also keep strong memories of a space where you can find the best products of potiguar crafts, art and culture.
On December 6, 2007, the Historic Center of João Pessoa was recognized as a national patrimony, having been registered in the Historical and Archaeological, Ethnographic and Landscape Tombo Books of the National Historical and Artistic Heritage Institute (Iphan).
Nice architectural eclectic model from the beginning of the XX century. It has housed, for a long time, the stock market of Pernambuco and Paraíba. It has recently been restored and, nowadays, is a cultural center.
Iracema is the main character of a novel with the same name written by Brazilian writer José de Alencar. The novel tells the story of Iracema and Martim Soares Moreno; Moreno was one of the first Portuguese to come to explore Fortaleza (read History of Ceará), and Iracema would be his wife.
Iracema became so associated with Fortaleza (hence the name of Iracema beach) that a few statues of her were built and are exhibited in the city. This one was sculpted in concrete by Corbiniano Lins, and displays Iracema, Martim Afonso, their son and their dog, sitting on a jangada.
The artist preferred a modernist approach, which resulted in some corporal distortions, like disproportional thick legs and large breasts. Despite some criticisms, this Iracema has been in exposition since 1965, and was for a long time the most famous landmark of Fortaleza.
Fortaleza Central Market is the largest market in the northeast. Visitors can find in the Central Market: leather goods (sandals, shoes, hats, bags and bags), lace and embroidery on clothing and bedding, table and bath, bobbin lace, t-shirts, mini-raft souvenirs, costume jewelry, gold jewelry and home furnishings. Regional products that delight the palate of tourists such as cachaça, liqueurs, nuts and cashew candy, are also for sale market. Restaurants offer typical northeastern foods. Stairs, ramps, and the elevator facilitate public access to the upper floors.
Visit Fortaleza Central Market and become a character of this story!
Built by one of Brazil's first black brotherhoods, it stands out for its grandeur and beauty.
Founded in 1685 by one of the first brotherhoods of black men in Brazil, the Nossa Senhora do Rosário dos Pretos Church was erected in Pelourinho by black religious and slaves who lived in Salvador . It took decades to complete (from 1704 to 1780), as members of the brotherhood could only work on the building in their spare time.
The rococo towers with bulb endings are lined with tiles with scenes from the devotion to the Rosary of Lisbon, dating from 1790. Inside, there are panels depicting scenes from the life of Saint Dominic and, besides the image of the saint who lends the In the name of the Church, there are also images of Saint Benedict, Saint Anthony of Catgera and the Crucified Christ, in ivory. The altars are in neoclassical style and, in the back, there is an old slave cemetery.
Mercado Modelo is a summary of Bahia’s culture, the origin of Brazil. It all started here! Surrounded by other city postcards, you can use the Lacerda Elevator and visit the Historic Center (in the Upper Town) on the same day. The building, constructed in 1861 to run the Customs House, went through some fires, but kept the original neoclassical architecture. So beautiful!
Bring coins, change, bargain, after all, bargaining is part of Bahian culture! There are more than 250 local artisanal stores, souvenirs, clothes, sweets, cachaças, Bonfim’s famous stripes and other things from Bahia! Traditional restaurants such as “Maria de São Pedro” and “Camafeu de Oxóssi”. There are also more modest options. The smell of acarajé reminds us that this is an awesome option! If the basement is open for visitation, go without fear… or with fear! Lol! Kidding! Go there! There’s a lot of history in that place!
Are you travelling, but would like to have a totally different experience? Therefore, the 800 hectares of native forest and the hollows distributed throughout the Reserva da Jaqueira will impress you! The entire village is still built similarly to the original and colonial times. And you don't have to worry about anything! After all, this Indian village in Porto Seguro is fully committed to the goal of sustainable development. Therefore, tourists are very welcome and have the chance to admire celebrations, celebrations and Indians dressed in character.
In addition, you can even take a risk in the practice of archery, buy handicrafts made in the tribe and participate in ecological trails. It does not stop there! The integration with the Pataxó Indians in Porto Seguro also includes the participation of rituals, body painting and the taste of typical gastronomy.
Did you like the idea? So, this text was made entirely for you. Check out all the information to discover the Reserva da Jaqueira, try the fish baked in the leaf of the patio and even spend the night in the village. It's a very interesting program, isn't it? And all of this is at a very reasonable distance from the city!
Designed by Oscar Niemeyer and Lucio Costa, the Praça dos Três Poderes is one of Brasília’s main attractions and headquarters of the three powers of State: the Palácio do Planalto (Presidential Palace), the Supremo Tribunal Federal - STF (Supreme Court) and the Congresso Nacional (National Congress).
The Três Poderes cultural center, subject to the local Cultural Secretary, manages the activities of the three cultural spaces of the plaza. They are: the Museu Histórico da Cidade (the city’s historical museum that contains historical records on the city’s construction), the Espaço Lucio Costa (with an enormous scale model of Brasília) andthe Panteão da Pátria (with art works honoring national heroes).
At the Praça dos Três Poderes, you can also find monuments designed by renowned international artists such as Os Candangos, by Bruno Giorgi; A Justiça, by Alfredo Ceschiatti, located in front of the Supreme Court; O Pombal e a Pira da Pátria, by Niemeyer; and the Mastro da Bandeira, with the largest national flag in the world.
The Cathedral of Brasilia was the first monument built in the city and its cornerstone was set in September 1958. The structure was completed by 1960, a time when only the circular area was visible, measuring 70 meters of diameter and working as foundation for 16 concrete columns weighing 90 tons.
The Cathedral was inaugurated in May 1970. Consecrated architect Oscar Niemeyer designed the church, as well as the Alvorada Palace, the National Congress, the Planalto Palace and the Federal Supreme Court buildings, among others.
The church has a peculiar beauty. Held by 16 arched pillars that form a thorn crown, the central nave is covered by an immense stained glass panel projected by Marianne Peretti, made out of glass fiber pieces in blue, green, white and brown.
Inside the church, three huge angel sculptures by Alfredo Ceschiatti float from the ceiling suspended by steel cables. The baptistery is covered in tiles painted by Athos Bulcão. The Via Sacra is a piece of work by Di Cavalcanti and the image of Our Lady Aparecida is a replica of the original, this one located in Aparecida, in the state of Sao Paulo.
Most famous postcard of the capital city of Minas Gerais, the church is a rare gemstone located at the rim of the Pampulha Lagoon. Also known as Pampulha Chapel, the São Francisco de Assis Church opened its doors in 1943, but it was only truly recognized by Church authorities 14 years later, in 1959, due to some debate regarding its unorthodox shape.
Considered avant-garde, the Church is a small masterpiece of the Pampulha Architectural Complex. It was designed by architect Oscar Niemeyer and its interior houses the famous Via Crucis, consisting of 14 panels of Cândido Portinari.
The Church also features the Burle Marx gardens, the bronze bas-relief sculptures carved by Alfredo Ceschiatti, and an abstract panel created by Paulo Werneck. The exterior is decorated with more beautiful Portinari panels, made in white and blue tiles, depicting Saint Francis next to a skinny dog, instead of the traditional wolf.
The originality and boldness of Niemeyer consolidated this church as a true modern age landmark. It was the first Brazilian church with modernist traces, and its vertical and horizontal curves mesh together in unique and perfect harmony.
The Praça da Liberdade is not just something you see on a postcard of Belo Horizonte. Throughout its 100-year history, it has been the scene of important political decisions, social movements and even cultural, leisure and sporting events.
Since 2010, the square has been an additional source of pride. Following the relocation of the state government offices to Cidade Administrativa, the buildings were converted into museums and spaces that now make up the Praça da Liberdade Cultural Circuit. One of its points of difference is the institutional management of the spaces, which permits a greater connectivity and diversity of cultural programmes. The complex is supported by the Sérgio Magnani Cultural Institute in partnership with the Government of Minas Gerais.
Whoever visits the Praça da Liberdade Cultural Circuit can also visit three other spaces that are within easy reach: the Minas Tênis Culture Centre, Casa Una Culture Centre and the Belas Artes Cinema. In addition to being of great symbolic and architectural value to the city, the area is home to several places that exhibit the vast majority of Minas Gerais's cultural diversity and art that is known worldwide, all within a few blocks.
Rio de Janeiro is a city full of undiscovered places that make your eyes turn. The Stairs of Selarón (Escadaria Selaron) used to be one of them. A magical place, in the middle of a metropole, with nobody around. Just an occasional visitor. But not anymore. Right now the stairs, that functions as a bridge between the neighborhoods Lapa and Santa Teresa, is one of the most visited highlights in the city. Thousands of people pass by every day. But the magic still exists.
The best time to visit the Stairs of Selarón is early morning before 10 am. After that time the tour agencies will arrive with loads of tourists until the end of the day. Of course, in low season – between April and Juni and September and November – you can get lucky during the day. Best spot is the upper part of the steps where you can find a more quiet corner with the Brazilian flag.
Santa Teresa, the neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro that retain its colonial charm.
Santa Teresa is located on top of the Santa Teresa hill and presents a magnificent view of the city. It is one of the few neighborhoods to resist development in order to retain its colonial charm. It is famous for its winding, narrow streets and for being an artistic hotspot. The construction of the Santa Teresa in the 18th century convent marked the beginning of the development of this neighborhood. Its natural scenery, the pleasant atmosphere and easy access to downtown Rio make this an attractive neighborhood. It is currently a popular tourist site as the area has its fair share of restaurants with live music, cultural centers and other attractions. Its bars and nightclubs are popular with both natives and tourists.
In the top of the mountain is installed Christ the redeemer, one of the most wanted touristic sides of Rio de Janeiro. Biggest and most famous scripture Art Déco of the world, the Christ statue started to be planned in 1921 and it was developed by the engineer Heitor da Silva Costa over 5 years of job, from 1926 to 1931, the opening year of the monument.
It’s located at Parque Nacional da Tijuca, 710 meter above the sea level, where anybody can appreciate one of the most beautiful views of the city. Over all 220 steps that lead to the famous statue feet, it was elected one of the Seven Wonders of the World made by formal voting in 2007 by the Swiss Institution New 7 Wonders Foundation. The monument is accessible by train, van or car.
At the foot of the Corcovado Mountain, Parque Lage delights with 52 hectares of pure green, cultural and art programs.
Originating from an old sugar mill, the park makes part of the historic memory of the city. In 1957, it was tumbled by the IPHAN like as historical and cultural heritage of the city of Rio de Janeiro.
The main edification of the space, a big house of the XIX century, the Visual art school, works in Parque Lage (EAV), which offers free formation to beginner artists, training courses in art for youth, plus an intense program of exhibitions, seminars, lectures and video shows. EAV also have a library and auditorium with capacity for 150 people. On the main mansion courtyard by the pool, the BistrôPlage offers a delicious breakfast, more lunch and dinners with organic product which can be savored with the art and music events that happens on the place every year. In several weekends, ParqueLage crosses the down with art parties and festivals and music sponsored by initiative private and public.
The Museum of Folklore of São José dos Campos is a cultural space of the Cultural Foundation Cassiano Ricardo (FCCR) that works under the management of the Center for Studies of Popular Culture (CECP), through an agreement signed between the parties.
Beautiful visual arts museum specialized on brazilian artists of the last 200 years. Located on the Liceu de Artes e Ofícios de São Paulo building, the Pinacoteca was open in 1905 and is the oldest art museum in the city of São Paulo. Its art collection has approximately 1900 artistic, bibliographic and archival items.
The art gallery displays works such as São Paulo by Tarsila do Amaral and Mestizo by Candido Portinari. In recent years, the museum received important exhibitions, such as Ron Mueck, seen by 402 thousand people.
Listed as a historic site, the Parque da Luz and the museum’s garden displays about 50 sculptures of contemporary artists, such as Victor Brecheret Lasar Segall and Amílcar de Castro.
To appreciate the diversity of the portuguese language, to celebrate it as a paramount and founding element of our culture and to bring it closer to its speakers worldwide.The Museu da Língua Portuguesa was born aiming at this target.
The inauguration took place on March the 20th , 2006. The chosen location to accommodate the Museum was the Estação da Luz, situated in the heart of São Paulo – city with the largest Portuguese-speaking population in the world – and a site of historical importance to the state capital and to Brazil. The station was one of the main crossing points for immigrants arriving in the country and, to this day, a dynamic place that provides contact and interaction among several cultures and social classes, sheltering accents from all parts of Brazil.
During almost 10 years of its operation, the Museu da Língua Portuguesa welcomed 3.931.040 visitors, who have lived the experience of connecting themselves even more with the language, its origins, its history, its influences and the variations it takes within the population’s everyday life.
The Museu de Arte de São Paulo (Masp) was born in 1968, idealized by the journalist Assis Chateaubriand and directed by the marchand Pietro Maria Bardi.
Masp was designed by the architect Lina Bo Bardi and erected to overlook São Paulo’s downtown area and the Serra da Cantareira. The building has a rectangular shape, suspended by four columns with a gap of 74m between them, open as a plaza and used by residents and tourists.
Masp’s mission is to serve education, and the museum is very active in the cultural scene of the city, offering common spaces for its residents, like the library, mezzanine and auditorium. Masp also hosts educational projects. The main objective is for people to experience art.
The Afro Brasil Museum is a public institution under the Secretary of Culture of the State of São Paulo and administered by the Afro Brasil Museum Association - Social Organization of Culture.
Located in Padre Manoel da Nóbrega Pavilion, within the most famous Park of São Paulo, Ibirapuera Park, the Museum preserves, in 11 thousand m2 a collection with more than 6 thousand works, including paintings, sculptures, prints, photographs, documents and pieces. ethnological works by Brazilian and foreign authors, produced between the eighteenth century and today. The collection encompasses several aspects of the African and Afro-Brazilian cultural universes, addressing themes such as religion, work, art, slavery, among other themes in recording the historical trajectory and African influences in the construction of Brazilian society.
Opened in 1954, during Sao Paulo's 400th anniversary, the Ibirapuera Park has a 1.6 million m² area and sports courts, bicycle racks and restaurants.
The project was led by Oscar Niemeyer, the architect who created most of the buildings in Brasilia. It also involved several professionals, such as architects Ulhoa Cavalcanti and Zenon Lotufo, besides landscapers Burle Marx and Augusto Teixeira Mendes.
The Ibirapuera has been elected "one of the 10 best urban parks in the world" by The Guardian, and it gathers athletes in the running lanes, soccer courts and open gym equipment. It also charms people looking for culture. The Museu de Arte Contemporânea (Contemporary Art Museum), the Museu de Arte Moderna (Modern Art Museum), the Museu Afro Brasil (Afro Brazil Museum), the Auditorio Ibirapuera (Ibirapuera Auditorium), the Pavilhão Japonês (Japanese Pavilion) and the Oca are all in the park. Take the time to also visit the Museu de Arte de São Paulo (Masp), which is only 6 km away.
The Arts and Crafts Fair is one of the main tourist attractions of Embu das Artes, located 27 km from São Paulo. A small town with less than 300 thousand inhabitants that breathes culture, Embu das Artes has its name because it has received great artists, especially Brazilian modernists, such as Anita Malfatti, Oswald de Andrade and Tarsila do Amaral.
Occurring since 1969, the Fair occupies the streets of the town’s historical center with artists who exhibit and sell various products, like porcelain, sculptures, paintings, baskets, lace, trinkets, musical instruments and decoration items. The Green Fair also takes place over there, offering plants and ornamental flowers.
If you want to learn more about Brazilian history and art, you’ll be amazed by the museums, churches and memorials in town, such as the Jesuit Sacred Art Museum and the Saint Lazarus Chapel. Embu also has many bars and cozy cafes with live music for you to relax and enjoy after seeing the Fair.
Located in Barbados' UNESCO World Heritage Property, the Barbados Museum’s galleries are housed in 19th century military prison buildings and reveal the island’s rich history, culture and heritage. The Shilstone Memorial Library is open Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Rare West Indian documents, photographs and hard-to-find books enable research of all types including family history research. The Museum Shop is the ideal place to shop in comfort for uniquely Barbadian souvenirs and gifts such as prints, 18th century maps, and books.
The young George Washington and his ailing brother Lawrence resided in this historic plantation house, also known as Bush Hill House, for two months in 1751. Barbados was the only country ever visited by the future “First Father” of his country and Bush Hill House the only house he ever lived in outside of the continental United States.
Accessible only from George Washington House and Museum, these tunnels were re-discovered purely by chance in June 2011. Built sometime during the 1820s the system is soon to be 200 years old and includes at least 9 tunnels in the Savannah area with others.
Originally constructed to provide drainage to the area (the first such system in Barbados), oral history has indicated that they were adopted for use as ‘escape routes’ for the Garrison troops, should the area have ever been invaded, and other clandestine uses.
This venue is somewhat magical, tucked away in the North of Barbados is St. Nicholas Abbey! This historical plantation boasts beautiful Jacobean architecture and lush surroundings.
St. Nicholas Abbey’s great house, built by Benjamin Berringer in 1658, is one of just three Jacobean style mansions remaining in the Western Hemisphere, and one of the finest historic sites in Barbados. Its 350-year history is filled with colourful tales of murder, love and intrigue; its owners have played pivotal roles in both Barbadian and American history.
Located in the hills of St. Peter, St. Nicholas Abbey encompasses over 400 acres of undulating sugar cane fields, lush tropical gullies, mahogany forests and formal gardens filled with hibiscus, roses, orchids and fruit trees.
The St. Nicholas Abbey Heritage Railway, completed in late 2018, is the newest family attraction at St. Nicholas Abbey Great House Plantation and Distillery. Journey through the plantation’s grounds on our beautiful steam locomotive!
Also you can take a guided tour of the Great House, circa 1650 and museum, viewing of a 1930s movie of life on the plantation, and complimentary beverage. Personal tour of the Factory, Steam Mill circa 1890 and Distillery “Annabelle” with Mr. Larry Warren, Owner and Distiller.
The Museo Universitario Charcas is located in a 17th century mansion and is owned and operated by the Universidad San Francisco Xavier. Museo Universitario Charcas comprises three separate museums: the Anthropological Museum, the Colonial Museum, and the Gallery of Contemporary Art.
The anthropological museum was established in 1944. It is responsible for collating and preserving the region’s anthropological data, and has items from 3,600 years ago right up to the beginning of the Spanish colonization of the area. The museum exhibits include mummified human remains dating from 700-800 AD, and the highly detailed pottery work of the Yampara culture.
The colonial museum houses hundreds of artifacts from Sucre’s colonial times, including religious artifacts, paintings and objects fashioned from Potosi silver. One of the most noteworthy works is Melchor Pérez Holguín’s, San Juan de Dios, with its exceedingly accurate depiction of human hands.
Sucre’s museum of modern art, the gallery of contemporary art, exhibits works by local artists, many of which focus on the hardships faced by the indigenous population, particularly those working in the mines of Potosi.
The museum is an initiative of the city council of Cocody, which was started in November 1993. Featuring a permanent exhibition of modern and contemporary works by Ivorian and other African artistes, the museum’s collection has over 150 paintings, 40 sculptural pieces, 15 ceramics, 11 tapestries and 216 books.
A decent little museum located centrally in the Le Plateau region, with a special focus on Ivorian art. Exhibits include; beautiful human and animal statuettes made of terracotta, jewelry, pottery, indigenous musical instruments, wooden masks and other carvings from all parts of the country.
The National Museum of Fine Arts houses one of the best art collections in Latin America, and the biggest collection of Argentine art. Located in the Recoleta neighborhood, and part of the Museum Mile, it's permanent collection includes work by El Greco, Goya, Rodin, Rembrandt, Rubens, Renoir, Degas, Cézanne, Chagall and Picasso. Argentine painters include Cándido López, Lino Enea Spilimbergo, Prilidiano Pueyrredón, Fernando Fader, Benito Quinquela Martín, Xul Solar, Antonio Berni, Carlos Alonso y Antonio Seguí.
The Museum of Latin American Art (MALBA) houses the Fundación Costantini collection, with more than 400 works of art by important 20th century Latin American artists. The modern building, constructed from limestone, steal and glass, was built in 1997 by the Atelman-Fourcade-Tapia studio, winners of an international competition whose jury comprised celebrated architects Norman Foster, César Pelli and Mario Botta.
The museum is a dynamic, participatory cultural space that, as well as its important permanent collection, showcases a diverse range of major temporary exhibitions, often collaborating with other international museums to bring important artists from around the world. It also boasts a growing library of films and runs important film series, and hosts talks, courses, seminars and book presentations in part of the museum dedicated to literature. The cafe with its park views is also highly rated.
The Colón theatre is considered one of the best opera houses in the world, together with La Scala in Milán, the Opera Garnier in Paris and the Royal Opera House in London, and is renowned for its acoustics and architecture.
Designed by Francesco Tamburini, Victor Meano and Jules Dormal, and built over 20 years, the theatre opened in 1908 and went on to host some of the most important conductors, singers and dancers of the twentieth century, including Igor Stravinsky, Herbert von Karajan, Daniel Barenboim, Maria Callas, Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo, Rudolf Nureyev, Julio Bocca and Maximiliano Guerra.
According to British newspaper The Guardian, El Ateneo Grand Splendid is the second best bookstore in the world. It preserves the splendour and elegance of the former Gran Splendid theatre/cinema, which was designed by architects Peró and Torres Armengol.
Located in the Recoleta neighbourhood, El Grand Spendid theatre opened in 1919 and immediately became a beacon of porteño culture, hosting ballet, opera, and the first "talkies" shown in Buenos Aires. The national Odeon record label - now owned by EMI - was based here, and singers such as Carlos Gardel recorded on the premises.
Wonderful stories await to be unveiled behind its doors. In the neighborhood of San Telmo, the National Historical Museum is one of the most representative in the Federal District. Home of all the events that took place in Argentina, it also shows stories from Pre-Columbian America and anecdotes from the days of the colony.
Located at the highest point in Lezama Park today, MHN is the perfect reflection of ancient architecture. Its front gardens have been impeccably preserved. Many iron and bronze figures, such as old bells and cannons, are on display there. The gate known as Puerta de los Leones (Lions’ Gate), which connects the gardens with the park itself, is also intact.