The history of Kazakhstan from prehistoric times to the present day is collected within the walls of this museum. Mammoth skeletons, national costumes and horse harness, guns from the Second World War - each exhibit in the museum has its own special history and is ready to open it to grateful listeners with the help of experienced guides. You may find over 300 thousand items in the collection of the fund.
The area of the Museum building is about 20 thousand square meters, while the spectator-accessible exhibition part is only 7000 sq. m. This museum is the most visited in the Republic. Every year it is visited by 130 thousand people, the museum's directorate holds about 100 lectures on various topics a year, holds more than 30 exhibitions, special offers and cultural and educational programs.
A beautiful and open place to enjoy the culture of Almaty: The Republic Square in Almaty is the home to the Akimat House, the Monument of Independence, The Presidential Residence, The Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The Central State Museum of the Republic of Kazakhstan is right nearby.
Also, known as the ‘Zenkov Cathedral’, Ascension Cathedral is one of the most beautiful, magnificent and architectural monument of the city of Almaty with the height of 56 meters and is located in the green Panfilov Park of Almaty. A. Zenkov had supervised the construction of this cathedral in the early 19th century and legend goes that it was built without a single nail. But unfortunately, it’s not true. Although the design is remarkably unique but it’s because of the advanced technological expertise of that time. They used the construction concept of Semi ruche which meant using of reinforced concrete, timber preservation and ventilation.
The Ascension Cathedral is entirely built in wood with intricate detailing and connected with iron bolts. The chief architect Zenkov ensured that it had a ‘flexible construction’. The external view of the cathedral boasts of some bright walls and multi coloured domes which is similar to the architecture of St. Petersburg. After many ups and downs in the restoration and religious upheavals, orthodox services began again in the cathedral and ever since it’s a pilgrimage for many Christians and a colourful attraction for all the Non-Christians.
The Partition of India was one of the most defining events in the history of the subcontinent. It remains till date the largest mass migration in human history. Yet, despite the extensive loss to life and property, almost 70 years later there existed a severe lacuna that no museum or memorial existed anywhere in the world to remember all those millions.
With the support of hundreds of people, who donated their time, family objects, funds, and skills, the Partition Museum worked towards opening the entire Museum in time to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the Partition. The opening date for all fourteen galleries was decided as 17 August to mark the day that the Radcliffe award was announced. On 17 August 2017, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Punjab, Shri Amarinder Singh, dedicated the Partition Museum to the nation. It was marked as Partition Remembrance Day in tribute to the millions impacted.
Since then over a hundred thousand visitors have come to the Partition Museum. It continues to build its collections and archives and welcomes support in its continued quest to document and remember the history of the millions impacted at the time of the Partition.
The international border between India and Pakistan. The pomp and pageantry of the Beating Retreat and the Change of Guard within handshaking distance of the Indian and Pakistani forces makes for a most charming spectacle.
Chandigarh War Memorial perhaps the largest War Memorial of the country, with nearly 8459 names of the Deceased Soldiers since 1947 from Army Air Force and Navy stands located in the serene and beautiful Bougainvillea garden of Chandigarh and was inaugurated by H’ble President of India Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam on 17th August, 2006.
Chandigarh has the distinction of having a unique world acclaimed Rock Garden. It Consist of art object, fashioned from industrial and urban waste. It is situated between the capital complex and Sukhna lake in Sector1.
The Government Museum and Art Gallery in Sector 10 of Chandigarh has a fine collection of stone sculptures of the Gandhara period. The museum is the place to see the prehistoric fossils and artifacts along with modern art and miniature paintings. T
This great mosque of Old Delhi is the largest in India, with a courtyard capable of holding 25,000 devotees. It was begun in 1644 and ended up being the final architectural extravagance of Shah Jahan, the Mughal emperor who built the Taj Mahal and the Red Fort.
The highly decorative mosque has three great gates, four towers and two 40 m-high minarets constructed of strips of red sandstone and
white marble. Travellers can hire robes at the northern gate. This may be the only time you get to dress like a local without feeling like an outsider so make the most of it.
One of the top places to see in Delhi, the Purana Qila or the Old Fort has a lot in store for its visitors. It was built under Sher Shah Suri and is considered to be the capital of the Pandavas. Stretched across two kilometers in length, the huge red sandstone ramparts of the fort emphasize on the historical valor and aura of the times the fort must have witnessed.
This tomb, built in 1570, is of particular cultural significance as it was the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent. It inspired several major architectural innovations, culminating in the construction of the Taj Mahal.
Humayun’s Tomb, Delhi is the first of the grand dynastic mausoleums that were to become synonyms of Mughal architecture with the architectural style reaching its zenith 80 years later at the later Taj Mahal. Humayun’s Tomb stands within a complex of 27.04 ha. that includes other contemporary, 16th century Mughal garden-tombs such as Nila Gumbad, Isa Khan, Bu Halima, Afsarwala, Barber’s Tomb and the complex where the craftsmen employed for the Building of Humayun’s Tomb stayed, the Arab Serai.
Humayun’s Tomb was built in the 1560’s, with the patronage of Humayun’s son, the great Emperor Akbar. Persian and Indian craftsmen worked together to build the garden-tomb, far grander than any tomb built before in the Islamic world. Humayun’s garden-tomb is an example of the charbagh (a four quadrant garden with the four rivers of Quranic paradise represented), with pools joined by channels. The garden is entered from lofty gateways on the south and from the west with pavilions located in the centre of the eastern and northern walls.
Built in the early 13th century a few kilometres south of Delhi, the red sandstone tower of Qutb Minar is 72.5 m high, tapering from 2.75 m in diameter at its peak to 14.32 m at its base, and alternating angular and rounded flutings. The surrounding archaeological area contains funerary buildings, notably the magnificent Alai-Darwaza Gate, the masterpiece of Indo-Muslim art (built in 1311), and two mosques, including the Quwwatu'l-Islam, the oldest in northern India, built of materials reused from some 20 Brahman temples.
Itmad-ud-Daulah's tomb is a highly ornate edifice, which is looked upon as an imminent precursor of the Taj Mahal as far as elaborate carvings and inlay work are concerned. The tomb marks a significant departure from the tombs of the Mughal dynasty built before its construction.
The tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah is as interesting as the life of the person for whom it was built. Mirza Ghiyas-ud-din or Ghiyas Beg (later known as Itmad-ud-Daulah) was a poor merchant and lived in Persia (modern-day Iran). While on his way to India for business, his wife gave birth to a baby girl. As the family was extremely poor and had nothing to eat, the parents decided to abandon the child. However, the wails of the baby girl forced the parents to come back and take her with them. The baby girl brought a stroke of good luck to her parents, for Ghiyas Beg found a caravan that straightaway took him to the court of the great Mughal Emperor, Akbar. In the course of time, Ghiyas Beg rose to become a minister and a trusted treasurer in Akbar's court. After Akbar's death in 1605, his son Jahangir became the Mughal emperor, who made Ghiyas Beg his chief minister or Wazir. Ghiyas Beg was also honored with the title of Itmad-ud-Daulah or the pillar of the state.
Taj Mahal is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It is situated on the bank of river yamuna in the city of Agra (India). Taj is a symbol of the great Mughal heritage of India. Taj Mahal monument is a symbol of the eternity of love. Experiencing Taj Mahal Monument is like a journey back to the magnificent Mughal Empire. It is simply the expression of emotions in a structural form. Taj Mahal is a monument of love. So, it's a place worth visiting to memorize the love in your life. The Taj Mahal monument was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in 1631 as a tribute to his loving wife Mumtaz Mahal.
Osian is an ancient town located in the middle of the Thar Desert. Often known as the "Khajuraho of Rajasthan", Ossian is famous as the home to a cluster of ruined Brahmanical and Jain temples dating from the 8th to 11th centuries. One can enjoy the view of 18 shrines, out of which Surya or Sun Temple, the later Kali temple, Sachiya Mata Temple and the main Jain temple dedicated to Mahavira stand for their grace and architecture.
Kathmandu is the capital city of Nepal. It boasts with ancient temples and monuments. Kathmandu has become city of temples and home of god and goddess. The tales of god and demon carved into the stones and woods. Kathmandu has history dating back to 600BC. Kathmandu has been fusion of Hindu and Tibetan culture through out the history, this can be seen in the carved walls of temples and monuments. The city is famous for its art and architecture developed in the periods of different dynasties which dates back to the centuries.Newars are the indigenous people of Kathmandu valley, there is a huge settlement of Newars still living in the areas of Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur districts. We can still find traditional art and lifestyle of Newar people in these areas. Now Kathmandu is home to multi ethnicity and culture. Apart from the strong cultural background youngsters of Kathmandu are still up to date with trends and technology.
The city opera hall was designed by V. Semenov and opened on September 12, 1912 with M. Glinka’s opera “A Life for the Tsar”. Ekaterinburg Opera and Ballet Theatre is one of the oldest in Russia. The theatre construction (based on the design by V. N. Semenov from Saint Petersburg who won the all-Russian open contest) began in 1903 and was led by local architect K. T. Babykin. The grand opening was held on September 12, 1912 – Glinka’s opera “A Life for the Tsar” was staged. Riccardo Drigo’s "The Magic Flute" became the first ballet production of a new theater in 1914
The Jai Vilas Mahal that is also known as the Jai Vilas Palace was built in 1874 by the Maharaja of Gwalior called Jayajirao Scindia. This palace is said to be an 11th century palace and a visit to this palace must be done if you visit Gwalior.
One of the most significant 18-19th century architectural monuments in Ekaterinburg, the largest and oldest mansion ensemble of the city. Rastorguyev-Kharitonov’s mansion ensemble is a true architectural gem of Ekaterinburg. The estate occupying the entire northern slope of Voznesenskaya Gorka (Ascension Hill) includes the main house, wings, fences and gates, stables, and a large park
The memorial church was consecrated in 2003 at the site of execution of the last Russian emperor Nicholas II and his family. One of the largest churches in Ekaterinburg and pilgrimage destination for people from all over Russia, it was built in 2000-2003 at the site of execution of the last Russian emperor Nicholas II and his family, which took place on the night of July 16-17, 1918. This is the third church-on-the-blood in Russia after the ones in Uglich (built on the spot of tsarevich Dmitry’s murder in 1591) and St. Petersburg (built on the spot where Emperor Alexander II was assassinated in 1881).
Mehrangarh Fort holds the pride of place in Jodhpur because of its splendid architecture and the diverse history associated with it. Considered as one of the most formidable and magnificent forts of Rajasthan, Mehrangarh fort was built by Rao Jodha in the year 1459. The fort is spread over an area of 5 km and is built on 125 m high hill in the outskirts of Jodhpur city.
There are seven gates, which can be used to enter the Mehrangarh fort. These 7 gates are made by different rulers, and are built in honour of victory over Bikaner and Jaipur armies.
One can see the panoramic view of the Jodhpur city from this fort, which seems like a blue carpet laid at the foot of a hill. Every ruler of Jodhpur has contributed in the making of this fort. Within the fort one can see the magnificent palaces. The main palaces located in the Mehrangarh Fort are Moti Mahal, Phool Mahal, Sheesh Mahal, Zenana Dude, Takht Vilas and Jhanki Mahal. There are also two temples located inside the fort - Chamundi Devi Mandir and Nagnechiaji Mandir, dedicated to Goddess Durga and the Kuldevi respectively.
Peak into the history of Jodhpur, and witness its lavish culture at the Government Museum. It is located inside Umaid public gardens and was built in 1909. The museum was constructed under the reign of Maharaja Umed Signhji, and was built by Henry Vaughan Lanchester.
The Government Museum houses around 400 sculptures, 10 ancient inscriptions, thousands of miniature paintings, terracotta artwork, ancient coins, metallic objects, arms, stuff toys, stone sculptures, inscriptions and other miscellaneous objects which are simply astonishing. Within the museum vicinity there is a well stocked library and zoo. There is a separate history section for military memorabilia which exhibits tools, weapons, memorials, brass and wooden models.
The leaning tower, constructed with the sponsorship of the Demidov dynasty, is the symbol of Nevyansk and a monument of industrial architecture.The tower has several levels and floors. Earlier it hosted a lab for examining the content of manufactured iron, the factory's archives, the chancellor's office, and the lockup cell. Today it contains museum exhibits. Akinfiy Demidov's office, which served as a prison in Soviet times, was located on the second floor.To this day there is still a so-called «listening room». If you stand in one corner of the room, you can hear the tiniest whisper of people in the opposite corner. In addition, the Nevyansk tower has preserved its 18th-century clock tower. This chiming clock was manufactured in the 1730s by an English clockmaker, Richard Phelps, and had needed repairs only three times since. There was a time when the clock could play up to 20 musical pieces. Today, every 15 minutes the clock chimes the melody «Glory to You» from the opera «A Life for the Tsar».Another feature of the tower is the metal steeple with a weathercock, bearing the stamped coat-of-arms of the Demidovs. The steeple is grounded. It served as a lightning rod a quarter of a century before Benjamin Franklin invented the first lightning rod in 1725.
This bath is a collection of art, architecture and using different materials with a suitable space which attracts people to itself. The architect of bath and in general Ganjali khan complex is a Yazdian architect named “Ostad Mohammad Soltani” who indeed knew the political, economical and cultural conditions of its time. Ganjali khan bath is a wonderful work, that with its beautiful tile-works, paintings plaster-works pats the eyes of every visitor. Baths are included among the inseparable part of the city’s building and are the main and important parts of Islamic cities and villages. The entrance to the Ganjali bathhouse is located along a section of Ganjali Khan Bazaar.
The entry portal of these baths has been decorated with beautiful paintings of Safavid era. The bath is 64m in length and 30m in width at an area about 1380 sq.m. The length of its hot-chamber (Garmkhane) is 6/25m in width is 7/5 m and its reservoir is 8/5 m in length and 5/7 in width at an area of 44/8sq.m. It consists of two main parts; hot-chamber and dressing room. According to the class division in Safavid era the dressing room of bath has 6 chambers which each of them devoted to a special social class, including “Sayeds, clregies, tribal chiefs, grades, merchants and rustics. However, today they are one are two statues in every chamber of the dressing room that demonstrate the feature of mentioned classes.
The Masjid-e-Jameh Yazd is the grand, congregational mosque of Yazd city. The 12th-century mosque is still in use today. It was first built under Ala’oddoleh Garshasb of the Al-e Bouyeh dynasty. The mosque was largely rebuilt between 1324 and 1365, and is one of the outstanding historical buildings of Iran.
The mosque is a fine specimen of the Azari style of Persian architecture. The mosque is crowned by a pair of minarets, the highest in Iran, and the portal’s facade is decorated from top to bottom in dazzling tile work, predominantly blue in colour. Within is a long arcaded courtyard where behind a deep-set south-east iwan is a sanctuary chamber (shabestan). This chamber, under a squat tiled dome, is exquisitely decorated with faience mosaic: its tall faience Mihrab, dated 1365, is one of the finest of its kind in existence.
The elegant patterns of brickwork and the priceless inscription of mosaic tiles bearing angular Kufic all create a sense of beauty. The main prayer niche, the one which is located below the dome, is decorated with elegant mosaic tiles.
On the two star-shaped inlaid tiles, the name of the builder and the time of construction of the prayer niche sparkle beautifully. The two towering minarets dating back to the Safavid era measure 52 meters in height and 6 meters in diameter.
This is one of the oldest museums which was founded in 1924 as the National Central Museum. In 1956 it was renamed the State Central Museum and in 1997 it became the Museum of Natural History.
Today there are departments of Geography, Geology, Flora and Fauna, and Paleontology in the museum. Displays of stuffed and embalmed animals including the rare Gobi bear and wild camel, birds, and fish will give you a good idea about the rich fauna of Mongolia.
Most impressive is the Paleontology section. There are petrified eggs and bones of many dinosaurs that lived in the Gobi desert 60-70 million years ago and two complete skeletons of the flesh-eating giant Tarbosaurus and the duck-billed Saurolophus.
Petrified bones of 5 kinds of dinosaurs out of 7 that are known today have been discovered in Mongolia. The museum also has samples of various minerals that are found in the country.
This is the main square in the heart of Ulaanbaatar. A large statue of Sukhbaatar, the famous patriot characterizes the square, and the square is named after this historic figure. Such important buildings as the Parliament House, Stock Exchange, the Drama Theater and Cultural Palace are located surrounding the square.
Sukhbaatar square was formed in the early part of the XIX century by the name of the Great Universe. The northern edge of the Great Pleasure was the Yellow Castle (south of the existing Child Center Center), the southern edge of the Choijin Lama Temple, the left and right sides of the monastery, and the lords.
The design of the monument D. Sukhbaatar's statue was created by sculptor Ch. Boghola. The draft of the statue, depicted on the cliffs of the jujube, is on February 23, 1946, by the Council of Ministers and the Central Committee of the MPRP 13/3. According to the decree, the statue was built shortly in the centre of the Indians and opened on the 8th of July 1946 on the 25th anniversary of the People's Revolution. Since then, Indra Square was renamed Sukhbaatar square.
The four-meter tall statue of granite, made of granite, was set at a height of 12 meters above the base of a sunny, high-rise staircase. On the sides of the concrete roof, the revolutionary event is emblazoned on the left side: "Our country unites unity and unites a single force, united where there is no place to go, and no one can know and can not find pleasure in pleasure. we have the courage to know our hearts. " The 14 statues of white lions connected to the outside of the statue were symbolically placed on the exterior of the statue of the 14 white lions.
The Old Tatar Quarter (“Staro-Tatarskaya Sloboda”) is the soul of the historical part of Kazan. With its streets preserved from the medieval period, this is considered to be the main area of the Tatar city culture. Dozens of monuments have found refuge on the shores of Lake Kaban and Bulak ducts, in the heart of the capital of Tatarstan. The Old Tatar Quarter is spread over an area of 87.95 hectares, and you will find a total of 75 monuments of history and culture of the 18th – 20th centuries throughout it, which form the settlement itself. Among these are the houses of Yunusov-Apanaev, Shamil, Marjani, Kayum Nasyri, Shamil Yusupov and many others. The long list of masterpieces of architecture, however, should not deter you from simply enjoying the atmosphere of this historical place – there is much more to see than simply buildings. In the 19th century, an Oriental Club functioned in this settlement, where famous poets would read their works and some of the very first Tatar plays were staged. Mosques that were built here, are now known around the world - Apanaeva, Blue, Galeev, Burnaevskaya, and Sennaya (Nurulla) Mosques. Other places also decorate the settlement - a literary museum of Tatar poet Gabdulla Tukay, the house-museum of educator and scientist Kayum Nasyri, Tatar Academic Theatre named after Galiasgar Kamal and the “Tatarskaya Usadba” hotel and restaurant complex, which also includes a museum of Tatar life, a gallery of art crafts and a souvenir shop. And, of course some of the more modern places to visit here – for example the Chak-chak Museum (Tatar national delicacy) eagerly await visitors. Here, you can drink a cup of tea with oriental sweets and learn the secrets of ancient recipes of national dishes.
The city's atmosphere is created by its streets, especially pedestrian streets. In Kazan there is such a street, beautiful, crowded, where every day you can meet musicians, and in the summer even dancers.
Tabatabaei House is a historic traditional house in the city of Kashan. Built in 1835, the house belonged to the affluent Tabatabaei family. The house measures 5,000 sqm and includes 40 rooms. Tabatabaei Historical House is the quintessential example of Iranian climate-adaptive vernacular architecture.
Tabatabaei House in Kashan is also known as “the bride” among all other traditional Houses. The reason behind this naming is the fact that the delicate beauty visible to the visitors of the mansion is one of a merit kind!
Tabatabaei Historical House is one of the well-preserved original Persian mansions of Iran. You will be astonished with the details of the Tabatabaei House architecture. Tabatabaei House in Kashan along with a couple of other mansions are the most visited Kashan attractions. Tabataba’iha House is occasionally used in the production of films portraying the old Iran.
Fin Garden is located on the western end of Kashan city. Fin Garden (Bagh-e fin) is the oldest existing Persian Garden in Iran. Built in 1590 by the order of the Safavid king, Shah Abbas I, the garden was expanded in early Qajar era (late 18th century). It counts as one of the most important Kashan tourist attractions.
Fin garden is a UNESCO world heritage site since 2011, along with 8 other Persian Gardens in Iran.
Fin Garden architecture is a perfect sample of Iranian Gardens and a mixture of architectural features from Safavid era, Zandiyeh and Qajar periods. There was symmetry applying on the garden plan, but later the addition of the buildings by the kings led to its plan’s symmetry decrease.
Abyaneh village is situated on the slopes of Karkass Mountain in Natanz County of Isfahan Province. With a population of 301 (2016 census), the history of Abyaneh village dates back to 1500 years ago, making it one of the top attractions of Isfahan, and one of the unique villages of Iran, for its peculiar reddish hue.
Most famed for its peculiar red hue and nature-adapted layout, Abyaneh village attracts thousands of Iranian and foreign tourists year-round. However, there is more to Abyaneh red village than meets the eye, which is why it was listed as one of Iran’s national heritage sites in 1975.
According to a 2016 census, the population of Abyaneh village was 301. People mostly subsist on agriculture (including orchards) and raising cattle; While rug weaving workshops and making traditional Giveh shoes are a source of income for the villagers too. Needless to say that tourism is an ever-growing industry for Abyaneh historical village.
National Museum is the biggest museum in Bangladesh and one of the largest museums in South Asia. It has several departments like archaeology, classical, decorative and contemporary art, history, natural history, ethnography and world civilization of displays. It has a rich collection of paintings, old coins, metal images, world famous embroidered quilts (Nakshi kantha) and much more. You can also find valuable articles of the heroic liberation war here. The Museum is noted for its collection of Shilpacharya Zainul Abedin and works of other contemporary artists.
Ahsan Manzil is an attractive tourist spot in Dhaka. It is one of the most meaningful architectural heritage of Bangladesh. It is situated in Old Dhaka on the bank of the river Buriganga. The area is called Kumartuli in Islampur. Here you you’ll enjoy the feeling of the lifestyle of the Nawabs of Dhaka. The pink palace was actually built by Nawab Sir Abdul Gani in 1872, and was reconstructed after the tornado of 1888. Now it has been established as a museum.
It is an epitome of the nation's rich cultural heritage. Todays renovated Ahsan Manjil a monument of immense historical beauty.
It has 31 rooms with a huge dome atop which can be seen from miles around. It now has 23 galleries in 31 rooms displaying of traits, furniture and household articles and utensils used by the Nawab.