active-pinPinned places
active-place

Ulu Mosque

The Ulu (Grand) Mosque dating back to the 15th century is an important remains of the area.

http://www.allaboutturkey.com/maras.htm

unLikedSave it
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Hatuniye Mosque
In the city of Kahramanmaras Important remains in the area is Hatuniye Mosque of the Ottoman period. http://www.allaboutturkey.com/maras.htm
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Yusa Peygamber Mausoleum
Yuşa Peygamber is one of the son of İsrail, and niece of Hz. Musa. He had saved İsrail oğulları from nomadic life and put them in Arzı Kenan. http://www.kultur.gov.tr/EN,99267/gaziantep.html
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Boyaci Mosque
It is the oldest mosque of Gaziantep, and constructed by Boyacı Yusuf and Kadı kemalettin in 1357. Mosque, which belongs to Turkish Memluks, is very rich in connection with marble and tile adornments. Wooden balcony, which is the oldest sample of wooden craft of Gaziantep, has twelve branched stars, which are adorned with pelmet, rosette and geometric motifs. http://www.kultur.gov.tr/EN,99267/gaziantep.html
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Rumkale (Yavuzeli)
The Greek castle, which is in the Kasaba village of Yavuzeli province of city of Gaziantep, is at the intersection point of Fırat River and Merzimen stream. It is thought that it is constructed in 840 B. C. during late Hittite period. http://www.kultur.gov.tr/EN,99267/gaziantep.html
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
The Umayyad mosque
The Great Ummayyad Mosque remains one of the great symbols of the glorious period of Muslim civilisation and its pride. It is a master piece of architectural ingenuity having a decisive influence on the maturity of mosque architecture all over the Muslim World. http://www.muslimheritage.com/article/great-ummayad-mosque
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Citadel of Aleppo
One of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, Aleppo preserves remnants of more than four millennia of Near Eastern history. The Citadel of Aleppo is a densely layered microcosm of this long and complex history. https://www.wmf.org/project/citadel-aleppo
Explore more places related to this search:
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
National Museum of Aleppo
The earliest collection of art and archaeological artefacts for the National Museum of Aleppo dates back to 1928 and the museum was formally inaugurated in1931. Initially, it was devoted to the pre-Greco-Roman era, with works no later than 333 BC, most of which were based on finds from Tell Halaf. It was decided to move the collection from its original location in an Ottoman period building, which had become overcrowded, into a modern purpose-built museum, begun in 1967 and formally opened in 1972. It includes the following wings: Pre-historic art: dedicated to finds such as bones and pottery from the regions of Syria and the Euphrates Valley. Some items are about a million years old and the most recent piece dates to no later than 3,200 BC, after which writing was developed and art, became historic. Arab Islamic art: The method of display here is based on the item's function and medium, such as pottery, ceramics, metalwork and glass of the various Islamic dynasties as well as a collection of gold and silver coins of the Umayyad, Abbasid, Ayyubid and Mamluk periods. A stone cenotaph carved in floriated kufic calligraphy is a masterpiece of this hall. Medieval military equipment and an Ottoman wooden ceiling featured in a side chamber are also presented. Modern art: paintings by Syrian artists, particularly Aleppines, expressed in various styles such as realism, cubism, expressionism. http://www.discoverislamicart.org/pm_partner.php?id=Mus01_A;sy&type=museum&theme=ISL
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Great Mosque of Aleppo
The Great Mosque of Aleppo is situated in the center of the city. The construction of the building dates ta the Omayyad period. The building has, however, undergone numerous repairs and changes before taking its present form. it was built approximately 1 O years after the Damascus Omayyad Mosque, and as such, is one of the first buildings of the early period of Islamic architecture. The mosque is situated in a commercial district, with bazaars and several madrasas nearby. Several buildings belonging ta the pre-Islamic period, including a Roman temple and a Byzantine church, were located near the mosque, and their remains can be seen today. The mosque has been altered by many repairs and renovations. In 715, the Omayyad Caliph Sulayman ibn Abd al-Malik commissioned the construction of a Friday Mosque on the site of a cathedral. Aleppo and its surroundings were attacked by the Byzantine Emperor Nikephoros il in 926. The building, damaged as a result of this attack, was repaired by Seyfuddevle al-Hamadani in 965. lıWıen the Great Seljuks ruled the region, the Sultan Malik Shah commissioned an important restoration campaign, and also added the minaret to the mosque. Repair and renovation activities were carried out in 1090 during the reign of his brother Tutus. One of the oldest parts of the building is the minaret. The minaret, with a square body, is remarkable tor its Kufic inscription bands, stylized plant and Rumi decorations, and stalactites. http://www.selcuklumirasi.com/architecture-detail/aleppo-great-mosque#
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Aleppo Castle
One of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, Aleppo preserves remnants of more than four millennia of Near Eastern history. The Citadel of Aleppo is a densely layered microcosm of this long and complex history. The majority of the structures on the citadel were erected by the Ayyubids in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, but substantial structures are also preserved from the Ottoman period (beginning in the sixteenth century). The citadel was built on a natural limestone outcropping rising some 100 feet (30 meters) above the level of the surrounding plain. Its high walls, imposing entry bridge, and great gateway remain largely intact and dominate the skyline of the city. Within its walls, the fabric of the citadel’s inner spaces has been compromised by a succession of invasions, earthquakes, and natural decay caused by exposure to the elements. Recent excavations uncovered substantial remains of an important Bronze Age neo-Hittite temple, in use for the most part of the third and second millennia B.C. The temple is decorated with an elaborate system of reliefs that depict deities and fantastic creatures and that are an important addition to the record of this early period in Syria’s history. https://www.wmf.org/project/citadel-aleppo
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Zeynel Abidin Tomb
It is known that Zeynel Abidin, one of the prominent of the Rufai Sect, built a lodge, mosque and fountain in the environment where the tomb is today. Known as Imam Sultan in Kayseri, Zeynel Abidin died in Kayseri in 1414 and a modest mausoleum was built on the grave at the present place. II. In the time of Abdulhamit, in 1886, the existing tomb was built in the place where Zeynel Abidin's grave was located. The tomb is a square planned structure and is covered with a dome. There are two lines of couplets on all the windows of the building with three windows on each side. There is a sarcophagus of Zeynel Abidin in the middle of the tomb. In the building inscription on the entrance door of the building, it is engraved on an oval medallion. https://www.kayseri.bel.tr/kesfet-listeleme/zeynel-abidin-turbesi
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Kayseri Clock Tower
Clock tower II. It was built in 1906 by Tavlusunlu Salih Usta with the order of Abdülhamit and the support of Kayseri Governor Haydar Bey. The rectangular space next to it was built as a clock room. The 15-meter high tower can be reached by spiral stairs. During the National Struggle period, Anadolu and Rumeli Müdafaa-i Hukuk Cemlığı were used as Kayseri Branch. There is a rectangular opening in the pointed pyramidal cone section covering the tower and a clock bell inside it. Constructed of cut stone, the structure is divided into three sections with transversely arranged mouldings. There are circular openings arranged for the clock on each side of the upper section. https://www.kayseri.bel.tr/kesfet-listeleme/saat-kulesi
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Seljuk Civilization Museum
Based on the history of the city, the museum, which focuses on the Anatolian medieval and Seljuk Civilization, was planned with a thematic approach. In one part, the museum emphasizes the civilization about the Seljuk Civilization, while the other part brings the feature of healing to the fore. In the section about Seljuk Civilization; There are sections such as 'Seljuk City', 'architecture', 'art', 'science', 'clothing', and 'Seljuks in Kayseri', 'Seljuks in Anatolia'. In the section about Şifahiye; There are sections such as 'diseases', 'treatment methods and instruments', 'scholars', 'medicine', 'water and health', 'music treatment', 'color treatment'. In addition to the works of the Seljuk and its recent period, there are interactive and technological visual areas in the museum. Thus, our visitors; It receives information about Seljuk Civilization by listening, experimenting, applying and using technological tools. There are also cartoons and various games in our children's room for children to love the museum and Seljuk. There are also places where various concerts and cultural activities will be held in the museum. https://www.kayseri.bel.tr/kesfet-listeleme/selcuklu-uygarligi-muzesi
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Sultan Han
Sultan Han Caravanserai is located in the Sultan Hani District of Bünyan District, located on the 46th km of Kayseri-Sivas road. The neighbourhood got its name from this work. It was built between 1232-1236 during the reign of Seljuk Sultan Alaeddin Keykubat I. It is one of the best examples of the Seljuk architect style. Very smooth cut stone was used on the body walls. The joints are very uniform and show a structure called "not to flow". The arch built with the alternating use of beige and brownstone attracts attention at the crown gate of the courtyard. Depending on the stone material, decorations with relief and carving techniques can be seen in the crown doors, two corner towers and Köşk Mescit. https://www.kayseri.bel.tr/kesfet-listeleme/sultan-hani-kervansarayi
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Lala Mustafa Pasa Mosque
The cathedral of St. Nicholas / Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque is the largest medieval building in Famagusta and was commenced in 1300 AD. It must be noted that the great cathedrals of the Middle Ages often took more than 100 years to complete, so was St. Nicholas was completed about 1400. http://www.cypnet.co.uk/ncyprus/city/famagusta/lala/index.html
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Saint Barnabas Monastery & Museum
The Monastery of St. Barnabas is at the opposite side of the Salamis-Famagusta road, by the Royal Tombs. You can easily tell it by its two fairly large domes. It was built to commemorate the foremost saint of Cyprus, whose life was so intertwined with the spread of the Christian message in the years immediately following the death of Christ. http://www.cypnet.co.uk/ncyprus/city/famagusta/stbarnabas/index.html
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
A folklore museum
A folklore museum is also of interest to tourists. It is located in an old house and is an example of a Cypriot home and everyday life. https://www.kiprinform.com/en/villages_of_cyprus/paralimni-2/
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Saint Georgios Churches
Two of churches were consecrated in honour of Saint George. Оne of them was built in the 19th cеntury, whilst the other, more modern one, was built in 1965. https://www.kiprinform.com/en/villages_of_cyprus/paralimni-2/
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Mevlana Museum
Mevlevi Derhgahı (Dervish Lodge) and the mausoleum started to function as a museum in 1926 under the name of Konya Museum of Historical Works. In 1954 the display pattern of the museum was once more taken up and it was renamed as the Mevlevi Museum. http://www.kultur.gov.tr/EN,113978/konya---mevlana-museum.html
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Iplikci Mosque
One of the known Mosque in Konya. http://turkeytourism.com.my/destinations/konya/
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Alaeddin Hill
The archaeological excavations carried out by Turkish Historical Society in 1941 showed that the first settlement on the hill goes back to 3000 BC, Early Bronze Age. [1] Later on, the hill had also been used as a settlement area during Phrygian, Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine, Seljuk and Ottoman eras. http://konya.com.tr/en/portfolio-item/alaeddin-tepesi/
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Bellapais Abbey
Bellapais Abbey is located in the hillside, 6 miles South East of Kyrenia. The Abbey is the best example of Gothic architecture in Cyprus, as well as being ones of the finest in the Middle East. Built by the Lusignans, the first settlers in Bellapais Abbey were the Agustinas Monks, who escaped from Jerusalem in late Twelth century. http://www.kyreniacastle.com/kyrenia.php
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Kyrenia Castle
Kyrenia Castle is located near the harbour, which is horse shoe shaped. It was originally built by the Romans in the Third century to defend the city, which was located up on the hillside. In the Tenth century, the Byzantines then further enhanced the shape of the castle in order to protect the people of the city from Arab pirates. http://www.kyreniacastle.com/kyrenia.php
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Archangelos Michael Church
Conservation works to the Archangelos Michael Church in Turkish occupied Lefkoniko have been completed. On the October 12, a project completion ceremony of consolidation and conservation works will take place, the Technical Committee on Cultural Heritage, the European Commission and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) have announced. Archangelos Michael Church was included as a conservation project among the very first priorities of the Technical Committee on Cultural Heritage in 2009 together with Arnavut Mosque in Limassol in recognition of the importance of both monuments. http://cyprus-mail.com/2017/10/11/archangelos-michael-church-project-completed/
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Kyrenia Gate
The Kyrenia Gate in the North Cyprus is one of the three gates on the walls surrounding the old city of Nicosia. This gate was one of the most important entry-exit points of the city. It is also known as the "Del Providetore Gate" after the architecture Proveditore Francesco Barbaro. http://www.northcyprusonline.com/North-Cyprus-Online-Sightseeing-Nicosia-Kyrenia-Gate.php
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Cyprus Museum
The Cyprus Museum is the island’s main and largest archaeological museum, and charts the development of Cyprus’ civilisation from the Neolithic Age to the Early Byzantine period (7th century). http://www.visitcyprus.com/index.php/en/discovercyprus/culture-religion/museums-galleries/item/113-cyprus-museum
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Church of St Peter and Paul
This was originally a church built in 1359 with funds donated by a successful merchant called Simon Nostrano during the reign of Pierre I. http://www.cypnet.co.uk/ncyprus/city/famagusta/mq-sinanpasha.htm
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Agios Lazaros Byzantine Museum
The Byzantine Museum at the church of Agios Lazaros (Saint Lazarus) is housed in some of the cells of the hypostyle porch that still stand to its south. The museum’s exhibits include important religious icons, artefacts and relics, including Byzantine icons, gospels, crosses and other ecclesiastical treasures from the whole district of Larnaka. http://larnakaregion.com/directory/product/ecclesiastical-museum-of-st-lazarus
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Hala Sultan Tekke Mosque
This historic mosque is located 3km west of Larnaka on the road to Kiti, on the main Salt Lake. After the Arab armies successfully landed in Larnaka in 648AD, the Holy Helper and aunt of Mohamed - Umm Haram - died at the site when she fell off her mule. http://larnakaregion.com/directory/product/hala-sultan-tekke-mosque
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Timios Stavros Church
The magnificent Lefkara Church is dedicated to the Holy Cross and dates back to the 14th century. According to the byzantinologist Athanasios Papageorgiou, the eastern part of the Church dates back to the 14th century, named after considering rescued frescoes behind the church’s iconostasis. This date is also confirmed by the metrical “Olivianos’ inscription”, which appears at the bottom of the Lefkara Golden Cross. There is written evidence that Olivianos was a Lefkara Bishop in 1307 during the occupation period by the Franks. This fact is also confirmed undeniably by the founder’s note on a manuscript dating back to the 14th century, which is kept in the Church’s safe. At the end of this manuscript, which is a precious Evangeliary it is noted that it was written in 1345/46 and that the monk Gabriel who was the abbot and the founder of the “Holy and Life-giver Revealed Cross” monastery paid all the expenses. In 1740 the church was restored and the wooden sculptured iconostasis was then made by the Rhodian sculptor Hadjikyriacos who was called in by the church-warden Lourentzos to this end. n 1867 important works were carried out in the church and it was, therefore, expanded in order to have a greater congregation capacity. In 1909 common repair works in the church were deemed necessary and then the entrance was constructed as it appears today. The south door was also built. In 1953 the dome was covered with paintings. The style of the eastern part of the church is cruciform with a cupola, while the style of its more recent part is Cypriot dating back to the 19th century. Furthermore, there are six internal pillars ranged in two rows per three pillars. http://www.lefkaravillage.com/churches.html
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
The Folk Art Museum
The visitors of Lefkara must not fail to see the Patsalos house. It houses the Museum of Popular Art and hosts exquisite embroidery samples, some of which date back to the 19th century. http://www.lefkaravillage.com/museums.html
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Sumela Monastery
Sumela is 1600 year old ancient Orthodox monastery located at a 1200 meters height on the steep cliff at Macka region of Trabzon city in Turkey. http://www.sumela.com/
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Herbarium Museum
Herbarium museum has been opened in Alanya in 2012 by Alanya municipality. There are 151 plants and 90 different insects. http://www.visitalanya.com/my-posts/herbarium-museum-alanya/
unLiked
Removed from Pinned Locations
Alanya Archaeological Museum
Museum has been opened in 1967. Museum opened as archeological and ethnography museum. But after the Atatürk house and museum designing, the museum became Alanya Archaeological Museum at 2010 . http://www.visitalanya.com/my-posts/alanya-archaeological-museum/