Situated in the backyard of Jiuhua Palace in Zheshan Park, Zhe Pagoda can be dated back to Song Dynasty in 1065. It is regarded as the key relics preservation in Anhui province. The Pagoda is surrounded by hills and trees. It is worthwhile taking a one-day trip in the downtown with other attractions like Guangji Temple, Shutian Pavilion, Cuiming Garden, Mr. Liu Xiping’s graveyard, lieutenant General Dai Anlan’s graveyard.
Mirror Lake, formerly called Tao Pond, belonged to Mr. Zhang Xiaoxiang, a patriotic poet in South Song Dynasty. He donated 7 hectares of farmland to make a lake. The water is so clear that it reflects like mirror. That’s why it got its name as “Mirror Lake”. The lake is open to the public, pavilions and galleries are surrounded by willows.
Mt. Chi Zhu has a legendary story. It is said that Mr. Gan Jiang and Ms. Mo Ye (Gan Jiang’s wife) set ovens and made swords in Spring and Autumn period. The remains of “Quenching stone”, “Whetstone” are well preserved. It is recorded that Gan Jiang was buried in Mt. Chi Zhu. Mr. Li Jing, Earl in Tang Dynasty, put down a rebellion in the nearby.
Tianmu Lake Tourist Resort is ranked among the first batch of National AAAA Scenic Spots, which is on the border among Jiangsu, Anhui and Zhejiang provinces. It consists of two strips of water area, lying on either side of Dongling Mountain. The source of Tianmu Lake connects with Tianmu Mountain and flows for 13.5 kilometers. The lake has an average depth of 10 meters and reaches the deepest at 28 meters. The lake water mainly came from rainwater and mountain streams, which have been purified by the vegetation of surrounding mountains and filtered by the underwater stones before running into the lake; therefore, Tianmu Lake has maintained the purity and mineral composition of natural spring, the water of which reaches National Class B for surface water and is considered as the best water within Jiangsu province.
Tianmu Lake is located about 60 to 200 kilometres away from Shanghai, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Wuxi and Changzhou, reputed as the “Eco-Home and Dreamy Paradise”, the “Southern Pearl and Green Wonderland.” Surrounded by mountains, Tianmu Lake Resort boasts crystal clear water and pleasant climate, with vegetation coverage of 45% or more, which has become a “back garden” and “natural oxygen bar” of the peripheral cities, suitable for visiting in over 300 days a year.
Located at the foot of Yuping Hill to ther west of Jingdong county seat, the temple was constructed in the 21st year (1682) of the Kangxi Reign of the Qing Dynasty and is one of the province-level protected historic relics in Yunnan.
Going back to the 14th century this historic landmark is a symbol of Nanjing’s time as the capital of the Ming Dynasty between 1368 and 1421.
Founder of the Ming Dynasty Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang ordered its building to protect Nanjing from invaders.
Purple Mountain, Xuanwu Lake and Qinhuai River provided additional natural defences as the Wall snaked around them. The curved Wall was unusual, as up until then city walls had been built in straight lines. Completed in 1386, Nanjing is one of the few cities to retain its original walls. Making the state-protected Ming Great Wall a national treasure.
The Ming Great Wall was 35 kilometres long. It was considered to be one of the longest city walls in the world. Today about 25 kilometres are still intact with the following six sections being opened to the public:
Zhonghua Men (Treasure Gate) to Shen Ce Men Gate (Peace Gate). It is approximately 6 kilometres long.
Zhong Shan Gate (Zhong Shan Men) to Guanghua East Street (Guang Hua Dong Jie), it is approximately 2 kilometres.
East Water Gate (Dong Shui Guan) to West Water Gate (Xi Shui Guan), it is approximately 6 kilometres.
Qing Ling Mountain (Qing Ling Shan) to Defense Garden (Guo Fang Yuan), it is approximately 1 kilometre.
Ding Huai Gate (Ding Huai Men) to Lion Mountain (Shi Zi Shan), it is approximately 4 kilometres.
Zhong Fu Road (Zhong Fu Lu) to Zhong Yang Gate (Zhong Yang Men), it is approximately 2 kilometres.
Discover everything from ancient civilizations to the early days of the Republic in exhibitions, displays and performances. Being one of the first museums to be established in China, it is also one of the largest.
Reputed as “Number One Monastery in Southeast China,” Tianning Temple is located beside the Grand Canal and the Hongmei Park, which is the largest and most well-reserved ancient temple in Changzhou, covering an area of over 130 mu.
China Dinosaur Park is located at the Modern Tourism & Recreation Park in Xinbei district of Changzhou, which was built in 1997 and opened to the public on September 20th, 2000. Also known as"OrientalJurassicPark", China Dinosaur Park covers a total area of over 600 mu, which perfectly combines museum, hi-tech acoustic, optic and electric technology, special video effects and multimedia network, and integrates exhibition, science popularization, entertainment, leisure and participatory performances.
As the most famous tourist attraction in Yangzhou, Slender West Lake in the north part of the city covers about 100 hectares.It was named a national key scenic spot in 1988 and a national 5A-level tourist zone in 2010.
The garden is one of the four most well-known classic Chinese gardens. It is closely laid out and famous for its piled rocks. The garden was originally the home for the Monk Shi Tao, a famous Buddhist Monk and painter in the Qing Dynasty.
Daming temple was initially erected in 457 to 464 A.D of the Southern Song Dynasty. During the changes of dynasties, the temple had several name changes and were demolished at least three times by fire or by political chaos.
The Hangzhou Safari Park is a fully-fledged zoo and safari park with quite an array of exotic animals. Lions, Siberian Tigers, and the odd Hippo steal the show, but The Naughty Monkey Cage is good for giggles too: nit-eating Monkeys preening every conceivable part of their bodies will have you in stitches. You can take the train around the safari park or even drive yourself via private car entry. At every stop there are zookeepers, some feeding mulberry bushes to the Camels or apples the Brown Bear, or giving live chickens to the Cheetahs to squabble over. Circus, Bird and Elephant shows can be seen at various times throughout the day.
Wu CulturePark, also known as Wu Culture Exhibition Center, is named Wuxi Folk-custom Village in the tourismindustry.
Wu Culture Parkis the first big culture park invested by farmers in China. Lying on Xigao Mountainin Yanqiao Town of Wuxi, it covers an area of 46.7 hectares, among which 3.7hectares are for ancient architecture.
Song Dynasty Town (Songcheng) is the largest theme park in Hangzhou, featuring the cultural characteristics of the Song Dynasty (960 - 1279 AD), and also the first theme park built in Zhejiang. With Wuyun Mountain in the north and West Lake to its northeast, Song Dynasty Town is on the northern bank of the Qiantang River. Its layout and architectural style are based on a precious ancient painting, 'Along the River During the Qingming Festival', which was made by famous painter Zhang Zeduan, displaying the urban landscape and people's living condition of that dynasty.
The theme park is divided into three fields, Performing Songcheng, High-tech Songcheng, and Cultural Songcheng. Performing Songcheng includes the Romance of the Song Dynasty and ten theme shows. High-tech Songcheng has many featured events, such as reproducing area of 'Along the River during the Qingming Festival', two distinguishing haunted houses, and a mysterious street. Using advanced technology, they are all very realistic and mysterious, giving visitors a totally different experience. Cultural Songcheng covers some folk activities, such as traditional workshops, custom shows and Buddhist temples.
The spectacular ten-storey Shanghai Grand Theatre showcases a variety of musical, dance and dramatic acts under it's instantly recognisable curved roof in People’s Square. The theatre itself is divided into three separate auditoriums, the largest of which, The Lyric Theatre is home to ballet performances such as Swan Lake, orchestral concerts and traditional Peking opera from the China National Peking Opera Company. The box office is open from 9am-7pm daily, see schedule for opening times of individual shows.
One of the rare free museums in town, the original Shanghai Postal Museum in Hongkou well explains the history of the postal service in China. Venture up to the beautiful baroque rooftop to find a sculpted garden with a Romanesque clock tower and one of the city’s best low-level views: looking west up Suzhou Creek and east towards the Pudong skyline with the Art Deco Broadway Mansions in front.
Hang out in the old haunt of Fujian fruit merchants at the Sanshan Guildhall – one of many guildhalls to pop-up in the city for traders to seek camaraderie. Though it’s been shifted 30 metres south from its original position, this relatively late addition (built in 1909) is also the only well-preserved guildhall from the Qing dynasty and currently serves as a museum. 1551 Zhongshan Nan Lu, Bansongyuan Lu.
The temple, cemetery and family mansion of Confucius, the great philosopher, politician and educator of the 6thñ5th centuries B.C., are located at Qufu, in Shandong Province. Built to commemorate him in 478 B.C., the temple has been destroyed and reconstructed over the centuries; today it comprises more than 100 buildings.
Only a twenty-minute drive away from Qufu, it’s an absolute gem with its graceful halls and pavilions and ancient juniper and cypress trees standing amid its peaceful courtyards. If there is indeed a place to celebrate the innate goodness of the human spirit, then this it!
The Baotu Spring is a culturally significant artesian karst spring located in the city of Jinan, Shandong Province, China. It is mentioned in the Spring and Autumn Annals, one of the Five Classics of Chinese literature and was declared the “Number One Spring under the Heaven” by the Qing Dynasty Emperor Qian Long.
One of the few springwater lakes in a Chinese city, the lake has been a nationally famous scenic spot since the Tang Dynasty (AD 618-907) for its picturesque view with a ring of lakeside ancient pavilions, residences and temples.
Zhuwei Fishing Harbor is a fishing port with recreational function in northern Taoyuan; its beautiful scenery also attracted the crew of the TV drama, “PS Man” to shoot here. There is a rainbow bridge at the northern entry of Zhuwei Fishing Harbor. This Nielson-Lohse steel arch bridge has become a popular landmark, making the fishing port more romantic at night.
Visiting Zhuwei Fishing Harbor, you simply have to feast on seafood. Restaurants with seafood directly delivered from the Port are mostly distributed on the southern bank. On the other side, the fishing association has set up an outlet center. Each booth presents quality dishes and skilled cooking. With reasonable prices, seafood lovers should never miss this place!
The Taimall’s Nankan Family Entertainment Shopping Center is the largest shopping center in Taoyuan area.With a floor space of 28,000 ping, it is the largest shopping mall in the Taoyuan area, as well as the first large-scale shopping and leisure center in Taiwan. On holidays, in addition to consumers from Taoyuan areas, it also attracts a large number of out-of-town tourists. In the shopping center there are counters selling name-brand products, a department store, a theater, an entertainment center, restaurants offering international cuisine, as well as a sports stadium. It is a good place for the entire family to spend a whole day in Taoyuan.
The Taipei National Palace Museum is a world-class museum that hosts an eclectic collection of treasures kept by generations of Emperors ruling from the Forbidden City. In WWII, Nationalist troops seized the most important pieces in order to prevent invaders from ransacking China's national treasures. A twist of fate eventually brought these treasures to Taiwan.
The Taipei National Palace Museum is designed in the style of a Northern Chinese palace. The museum is home to hundreds of thousands of historical relics that make up the world's most comprehensive and precious collection of ancient Chinese artifacts. The entire collection covers 5,000 years of China's historical and artistic achievements.
The museum provides Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish and Korean language guides and museum-related literature. The museum is a must- see on any visitor's itinerary.
As the Hutoushan Park is situated near Taoyuan downtown area and is on high ground, it is a good place from which to view the Taoyuan Terrace and the night view of Taoyuan Dist.. In the park there is a lotus pond and cherry trees, as well as a children’s playground and an area for barbeques. At the halfway point of the mountain, there is also the “Taoxin Pavilion”to mark the friendship of Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei in the Chinese classic “The Romance of the Three Kingdoms.” This is a popular place for citizens’ recreation.
The Environmental Park on the mountain was originally a garbage dumping ground which now has become a new park following renovation. Since one can have a good view of Taoyuan Dist. at night from there and look at the starry sky , when night falls, many lovers go dating on the mountain and spend a romantic night there.
Dadaocheng Cisheng Temple, commonly known as the Dadaocheng Mazu (meaning "Mother-Ancestor") Temple, dedicated to the Tianshang Shengmu (meaning "Heavenly Holy Mother"), the guardian of sailors and also known as Mazu or Tianhou (meaning "Empress of Heaven"), is one of the three main temples in Daodaocheng, along with the Fazhu Temple and the Xia Hai City God Temple. "The first door opens to display the beauty of Guanyin Mountain; thousands of ships have navigated over the running waters" is written on the front gate, pointing out the change of its location over the years. Cisheng Temple was originally located at the intersection of Xining North Road and Minsheng West Road back in 1866, across the trading port, with the Bali Guanyin Mountain to its front right, looking onto the bay of the Tamshui River flowing north. In 1910, the Japanese government tore the temple down to re-plot the urban streets. The locals funded the temple relocation to its current address on Yanping North Road, using the original pillars and stones and preserving its appearance since the reconstruction finished in 1914, until today.
The Red House was constructed in 1908 by Japanese architect Kondo Juro, which was the first government-built public market in Taiwan and also the most well-preserved Class III historic building in the nation. The Red House consists of “Bagua" shaped Octagonal Display Hall as the grand entrance for it’s meaning— people visiting from all around the world, a characteristic Cruciform Building as main construction and adjacent South and North squares.
The Red House has been through few functions, shifted from public market, bookstore, cinema, to a theatre. More than a decade has passed since 2007 when Department of Cultural Affairs entrusted Taipei Culture Foundation to manage The Red House as a platform to promote Cultural and Creative Industry in the goal of reviving Ximending’s community. After gathering years of cultural and creative energies, Ximending is now considered as the most iconic location of Cultural and Creative Industry in not only Taipei, but all around Taiwan.
This memorial hall was built in memory of Chiang Kai-shek, the first president of the Republic of China. Work on the hall began in 1976, a year after President Chiang passed away. Design by C.C. Yang, who was also the architect for The Grand Hotel, the memorial hall is white with a blue roof, representing the dominant colors in the ROC flag; while the emblem of the Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) adorns the vaulted ceiling. A bronze statue of Chiang looks west symbolically to the Presidential Office Building and mainland China. The front plaza of the hall is also a major venue for democratic assemblies.
The 6.6-hectares Songshan Cultural and Creative Park in Taipei’s Xinyi District was completed in 1937 as the Songshan Tobacco Factory, which was one of the seed companies of a monopoly system mandated by the Taiwan Governor-General Office. The premises were one of Taiwan’s pioneers of modern industry, as well as the first professional tobacco plant.
In 2001, the Taipei City Government named the tobacco factory the city’s 99th historic site and converted it into a park comprising city-designated historic sites, historic structures and architectural highlights. For more efficient reuse of space, the Songshan Cultural and Creative Park was built on the historic site as a production base for designers and cultural & creative businesses, as well as a venue for performances and exhibitions. The park introduced to its premises a Taiwan Design Museum and TMSK through partnerships with the Taiwan Design Center and prestigious Taiwanese glasswork label LIULI GONG FANG, respectively, besides a snack bar that was converted from the machinery repair shed.
Designed by local architect Wang Da-hung, this memorial hall was established in memory of Dr. Sun Yat-sen, the father of the Republic of China. The hall also serves an educational and research role, hosting various cultural and art events throughout the year, including the Golden Horse Awards, Golden Bell Awards, and Culture Awards. The hall is surrounded by a large park, further making it a popular weekend escape for city residents.